Never Knew What a Nice Grill Was...

morgaj1

is one Smokin' Farker
Until now. I have always cooked on cheap Brinkmans or CharBroils. Tonight makes the 2nd time I have cooked on my Weber Performer. My other grills leaked so bad that I never knew what it was like to do a high-heat cook or do the indirect cooking method. Well I have done both and am truly amazed at the versatility of this grill. I made some wings tonight and they were the best I've ever done. I cooked them indirect with some pecan for a couple of hours. Then, I moved them directly over the coals and finished them off. They were outstanding. Sorry, no pron. We were too hungry to think about pics.

I will only do wings on my Performer. I hate to say it but they come out much better than on my BGE. I reaaaaly like my Weber!

I'm learning a lot about grilling since I got my Weber also. I love hearing other people say the same things I have been thinking when it comes to the versatility of this grill. I bought the OTG this summer but I really want a Performer.

I will only do wings on my Performer. I hate to say it but they come out much better than on my BGE. I reaaaaly like my Weber!

I'm with you Marty.I know it would be blasphemy on the other forum but my best chicken comes off the Weber.I LOVE my egg but I use em ALL. :thumb:

I cook indirectly almost exclusively. Whether on one of my kettles or the old Char-Broil 450.
Gives me more time to sit and drink beer!

A Weber kettle is probably the best pit made for the dollar. I use mine mostly for steaks, burgers, and chicken, but you can do just about anything you want to on one. You can't hardly wear one out either. They are very durable.

Now that I think about it I beleave the Weber company is responsible for my BBQ addiction!!!!!:becky::becky::becky::becky: Thats not a bad thing.

Eric,
As an official Weber Grill Decency Agent it is my duty to remind you that "Friends don't let friends buy crappy grills."
Congratulations on your Weber.
There are many more Weber grills out there, neglected and unappreciated by their owners.
Find them.
Adopt them.
Love them.

Once you get a Weber, you'll always have a Weber. Take care of it, it'll last a life time. Congrats!

My BBQ will never be the same since I got my Weber. Love it love it love it. Did my Thanksgiving turkey rotisserie style on it this year. Oh so tasty. It is my go to grill these days.

Back