Nothing special meatloaf

PitRow

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The other day I was craving meatloaf.

I had some ground cow and pig in the freezer that needed to get used so I whipped together a basic loaf.

Pig and cow, some crumbled bacon, some diced onion, a couple minced cloves of garlic, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and a good handful of shredded cheese.

Fired up the Davy Crockett to 300 and stuck the loaves in.
f0e471818b52543940334352a541516e.jpg

When they hit 100 IT, slathered them in my sauce: ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder.
52b8b0e685df9807a05cc601aaf6755c.jpg

While waiting for them to hit 165 I made up some mashed taters and gravy.

Good eatin, and meatloaf sandwiches for days afterwards.
64fc8a6cde0ca57a889a34102edd2beb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something magical about meat loaf, cooked in the smoker! Nicely done!

Bruce

I'm going to disregard that "nothing special" statement because that is absolutely an outstanding looking cook, and to have a good bit for leftovers makes all the better!

Nothing like left over meatloaf sandwiches. Did you flippity flop them ? Looks like they held together pretty well.

Thanks again everyone!

Nothing like left over meatloaf sandwiches. Did you flippity flop them ? Looks like they held together pretty well.

I just flopped them out from the loaf pans onto the racks and let them go. I find if I spray my silicon loaf pans with cooking spray and let the meatloaf sit in the fridge for a least a couple hours before flipping them out they hold together nicely.

Those look delicious. What type of smoke profile do you get on your meatloaf from your pellet smoker? That is one dish I have never been satisfied with the smoke on versus my charcoal smoker.

Those look delicious. What type of smoke profile do you get on your meatloaf from your pellet smoker? That is one dish I have never been satisfied with the smoke on versus my charcoal smoker.

Honestly it didn't really have much smoke flavor, and just a very small smoke ring. This was only my second cook on the Davy Crockett so I'm still learning it. I think next time I'd go lower and slower to see if it gets more smoke flavor. I know it seems to be a common theme for pellet smokers to not have as much smoke flavor. I might add a smoke tube or something along those lines for extra smoke at higher temps, but I want to get some more cooks under my belt with it first.

Back