Rotisserie Sirloin Tip Roast

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The price for tri-tip has increased of late, so I've been on the lookout for alternatives. Found this for a decent price.

jrwEQ9O.jpg

Rubbed with Oakridge BBQ's Santa Maria. Ready to spin over RO lump and 4 big chunks of mesquite. Some foiled reds on a grate below.

jjHFPUg.jpg

One of the few times where the Meater's ambient temp agrees with Smoke's air probe. Usually happens towards the end of the cook.

OXfh7Hs.jpg

Pulled at 125*.

LJtpyfz.jpg

fL1yKrW.jpg

Short rest (we were hungry) and a few slices.

R7TYfBP.jpg

Some 3 bean salad and a little horseradish sauce... Time To Eat!

pJ19S2d.jpg

Dinner was great and we'll be having many Baltimore pit beef sandwiches for a while.

Wow that looks amazing, great job Robert.

Beautiful. I've got a rotisserie that I use on my 22" Webber Kettle and 22" WSM smoker and am looking for some new cuts to cook. OP, or anyone, is this sirloin tip roast a good cut? Chewy? Tender? Tasty? Don't know anything about it. Please tell me what you know.

Beautiful. I've got a rotisserie that I use on my 22" Webber Kettle and 22" WSM smoker and am looking for some new cuts to cook. OP, or anyone, is this sirloin tip roast a good cut? Chewy? Tender? Tasty? Don't know anything about it. Please tell me what you know.

Thanks, Dave!

Yeah... sirloin tip is a good cut of beef. It's real lean so cook it to rare or medium rare & slice it thin. A reverse sear really tops it off (didn't do that for this cook). Makes a great sandwich. Horseradish sauce and thin slices of onion on a Kaiser roll really go well with it.

Back