DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Steak & Eggs with Biscuits & Gravy. I started out smoking a Jimmy Dean Breakfast sausage at 225 with some peach wood chunks.

Purchased some nice USDA Prime steaks.

Rubbed one down with some Worcestershire sauce, garlic sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Wrapped that up and let it rest in the fridge for a few hours while I continued making the biscuits & gravy. Made up a batch of Bisquick biscuit dough and formed it into 2 1/2 inch biscuits. (mostly)

Here are the ingredients for the sausage gravy. I purchased 1/2 lb. of regular sausage to go with a little over half of the Jimmy Dean smoke sausage. (I had to sample the smoked Jimmy Dean stuff :good:)

Brown up the sausage in a skillet

While the gravy was cooking I put the steak on the kamado.

Add the crumbled up smoked sausage

Add 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. of AP flour and stir well and let simmer for 2 minutes.

Now add 1 cup of whole milk and stir well and let simmer until it thickens.

Now add another cup of whole milk and stir well and let simmer until it thickens and then another cup of whole milk and stir well and let simmer until it thickens. Now it’s time to season the gravy. I added 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tbsp. of black pepper.

Now for the eggs. I got them out and then went to stir the gravy and my wife thought it would be funny to draw some faces on them.

Plated shots with some Grapefruit juice and some toast and Boysenberry jam.

Money shot.

:becky:

15382292165_c9b1cb7253_b.jpg

What a breakfast DH... ! :hungry:

With a plate like that I wouldnt have to eat the rest of the day.

Looks awesome.

Last edited:
Talk about a MAN's meal! ( no offense to the ladies on here ) That should get you started for the day. ( after a 2 hour nap to recover ) MMMMMMM!!!

Blessings,

Omar

A work of beauty! That is one fantastic lookin' meal, and certainly one of my favorites, mmmmmmmmmmmm!

KC

Now i know that i will have to smoke a nekit fatty and make some biscuits and sausage gravy,4 eggs and hold the steak. I'm a light eater.

Back