IBP plant fire

blackdogbbq21

Take a breath!
Reaction score
This may have already been a thread on here but I don't recall seeing it.

I was at my local Costco last night and noticed they didn't have any prime packers out. This is odd because that store normally always has them. I may need a couple in a little over a week. I asked a butcher and he said they were out of a lot of cuts. He said a fire at a plant in Kansas had really affected their supply. I looked on the web and confirmed the fire in mid august.

Just curious if other brethren are seeing this in their areas?

Have noticed at our local Costco's in Dallas they don't seem to have the same number out for sale - and the ones they do have tend to be very large

Use to be able to easily pick up an 11 to 12 prime packer - now it seems everything is in the 16 to 18 pound range

I didn't see any when I went last weekend either. I assumed maybe they had sold out for NFL opening weekend but maybe the fire is to blame...I'm certainly a lot closer to that plant than you are so there's a high probability that's where my stores source from.

My Costco had one twenty pounder out earlier this week.

This is a good example of why I have both a Sam's and Costco membership :becky: Sam's had some real nice looking briskets there last weekend.

Had to do to two different Costcos last night to get a packer. The first one by my house, which always had them, had only 3 little sad 12 pounders, the thinnest cuts I've even seen, probably impossible to cook right. I drove to another Costco, and they had about 8 pieces left, better ones.
Yes, it seems they are running out

Back