Another cooker..advice requester

chasdaddybbq

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to this forum but not new to barbecue. I have been grilling and most recently (4 years) doing low and slow barbecue as a passion and hobby. I have had a couple different smokers. The WSM got me into low and slow and i liked it but wanted something “easier” I guess. That being said, two yers later I sit with a traeager, which i love, however.....

I want something else. I like acquiring hear, things in general and I do not want to part ways with the traeger but want to add to it. I am debating between a drum smoker (pit barrel cooker or gateway drum possible (open to other suggestions) OR OR OR possibly going all in ant getting a stick burner.

I have done a little homework but need help. I have realized I do not want to go cheap and get an Oklahoma joe, char griller etc, not really looking to spend less than $500ish and get a piece of junk. I would rather spend a bit more (not talking 2000-4000) and get something that will last, is better quality and can maintain heat and make it worth my while. I prefer slide out cooking grates for sure. I have looked at briefly the Yoder offsets, lonestar grillz. I am sure there are sooooo many more.

Can you guys help me out and recommend something in that 700-1900 range That will make me happy?

Back