Tri-Tip Tomorrow night. (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Josh
Hey Folks,

It's been some time since I posted a cook so I thought I would start with my prep for tomorrow nights dinner.

Cooking a Tri-Tip, Get these untrimmed for $2.27 per pound when I buy by the case. Decided to marinade this time instead of the usual dry rub. Soy sauce, red pepper flakes, cumin, ginger, black pepper, granulated garlic and some white onion. Trimmed the beef, tossed the whole cast of characters in a vac canister and sealed her up.

Sorry about the photo quality.

ttsoy1.jpg

ttsoy2.jpg

ttsoy3.jpg

ttsoy4.jpg

ttsoy5.jpg

Probably serve with some skillet taters and some sort of veg. The plan is to cook on the kettle with mesquite charcoal and some oak chunks.

Will update with the cook picks tomorrow night.

Thanks.

Josh, that looks and sounds tasty! Great price on those tri tips too. They run around $6. per lb here.
Looking forward to your finished pics. (if you get the time)

Here it is!

Took it to 140*. Served with some skillet taters and yes, I know it strange but refried beans on the side.

As if my camera wasn't bad enough. The battery died and I had to use my phone. So not the photo quality has gone from bad to total crap. And of course the upload flipped the phone one 90*. So this is what you get.

The taters: Russets boiled to near soft. Butter fresh garlic and red onion into the skillet first. After about ten minuets added the potatoes, black pepper, kosher salt and a touch of paprika. Cooked for about 45 min on low heat.

The Beans: Just a simple can of refried with some butter, cumin, garlic and cayenne added.

Wife and I are headed to Oregon for our anniversary at the end of the week so the cupboard is rather bare right now so the onion and garlic will have to do for the "veg"
ttsoy8.jpg

ttsoy9.jpg

ttsoy10.jpg

ttsoy11.jpg

ttsoy12.jpg

ttsoy12 (1).jpg

I really liked the way this one came out. I probably cook Tri-Tip 15 times a year or so and love the way it comes out. But this was hands down one of my best. Great flavor all the way through. For sure will be doing this one again.

Man that looks good, love the skillet of tatoes. The tri tip looks nice and moist too. Great meal Josh!!
Early Happy Anniversary to you and your Mrs.!

Back