THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Josh
Well things have been busy and it's kept me away for a little bit. Our work and home were in the path of the KNP Complex Fire this late summer. My job put me in a place of felling timber, dozer operations and structure support during an 18 day stretch. Followed by a mandatory week off. Of which we were on the road everyday. Then it was back to camp for cleanup. Thank God and the line crews the fire didn't make it past the property line. But there was still quite a mess to deal with.

We all still had to eat, so there was some cooking going on and I picked up a new kettle for myself for all the overtime.

Thought I would share some pics.

Tri-Tip and Kettle first.
ek8tpOOl.jpg

Y0I4Eokl.jpg

npJF9bcl.jpg

Bear got the trash
szg03tXl.jpg

Fire prep pics.
ax21ByFl.jpg

M2S7vKVl.jpg

cmv7HuJl.jpg

7Yj4X7pl.jpg

One of the youngsters getting his first taste of fire prep.
lx1lOyTl.jpg

Lt8jFUUl.jpg

TiOzaHfl.jpg

tVsl7Mcl.jpg

Things are mostly back to normal. There are still a couple of buildings to clean the retardant gel off of. But we are open again and all of the rest of the staff have returned. They have started calling their time away and "Evacuation"

Thanks for looking and have a good one!

Dang, that’s some scary stuff. Glad you made out ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. I love it when is crazy. But I am a fan of sending the family away when it gets close.
Dang Josh! Sure glad that you're OK!
Thanks!
Wildfire-Bears & Grilling

The “war stories” and “trophy shots” are to be treasured
For sure
Thanks for sharing Josh.
Thanks Marty!
That is some scary stuff Glad you are OK
Thanks George! Sometimes it gets so busy you forget about the danger. But I guess that's good and bad.

Damn brother! Glad it wasn't much worse. Having a few close calls I know the feeling. You for sure had much more responsibility than I did. Food looks great as usual and love seeing you post again.

Damn brother! Glad it wasn't much worse. Having a few close calls I know the feeling. You for sure had much more responsibility than I did. Food looks great as usual and love seeing you post again.
Thanks Sako, Us west coast brethren have our close calls with wildfire from time to time don't we. But I'll take those and the threat of earthquakes over tornados and hurricanes though.

I'd say your new kettle was well deserved and glad you are safe

Thanks! Broke the kettle in with burgers, dogs and sausage.

I cannot imagine the feeling and anxiety you went through from a situation like that, but glad everything's getting back to normal and that you and your family are okay. Now it's back to the serious task of "what am I going to grill this weekend"? I hope that's the only smoke you see for a long, long time!

Back