WSM 1st Turkey Cook with Pron

NorthwestBBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.
I smoked a Turkey last night on my 22.5" WSM on a rainy night. I brined it first for 4 hours. Then I dried it off and rubbed it with Olive Oil and sprinkled on some Plowboys Yardbird. I cooked it at 280F for about 2 hours and it was done.

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

Last edited:
Looks excellent, love myself some MSG as well, been doin the yardbird on a pig shoulder and ribs. And I just cant get enough.

Absolutely the text book way to smoke a turkey in my opinion. Brine, EVOO, Yardbird rub, then smoked at a high enough heat to get a crispy skin (280).
Almost brought a tear to my eye. :-D
Very nicely done!

Absolutely the text book way to smoke a turkey in my opinion. Brine, EVOO, Yardbird rub, then smoked at a high enough heat to get a crispy skin (280).
Almost brought a tear to my eye. :-D
Very nicely done!

Agreed! Only way I do Turkey now and only way family lets me do it :wink:

Now that was a great Lookin Bird there,, Let me have at it,, Mmmmmmm...

Son, that is a juicy turkey. I'm suprised it only took 2 hours. I'm kind of a newbie to WSM's but am planning on cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving on my mine. Did you use the water pan or remove it?

Looks good bro! May have to follow your lead...we've been discussing our Thanksgiving plans at the house...not gonna wait anymore. Next cook will be a gobbler!

Back