Duke City Chicken Tikka Masala on the 22.5 Kettle

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
It's been entirely too long since we last cooked an Indian Curry.

I whipped up some marinade with spices, lemon juice, and plain Greek yogurt. Chicken thighs lounged in the slather for a few hours before hitting the kettle w/ the Vortex.

yEVqYGVl.jpg

e5ebKV0l.jpg

As the chicken cooled, I sautéed onions... in bacon drippin' (didn't have any ghee... and who doesn't like bacon drippin'). I added some Mr Patak's Hot Curry Paste, and the largely-diced chicken thighs. Added some Tikka Masala sauce and gave it some time to simmer.

qwea6nrl.jpg

6uB6JbAl.jpg

JuTh1uhl.jpg

CINCHOUSE made sag aloo, and I whipped up some raita.

uLkT91ql.jpg

While out and about this morning, I found these. :shock:

yaXublWl.jpg

These are pretty small - 4 for each person is about right... 340F for 8 minutes... flip, then repeat in the air fryer. WIN!

Y7envPol.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. Y'all have a great weekend!

I can't remember eating Indian food but I'd probably eat a few plates of that!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feeling inspired, I'm going to rock Vindaloo this week. :thumb:

Sounds great, Mike. If you're interested in going the chicken or lamb Tikka route (marinated bits of meat, traditionally grilled on skewers... but not around my house - I like to cook, then cut), this is usually my Go-To Tikka Marinade Recipe. If cooking chicken thighs, the crispy skin is a well-known and coveted delicacy around our house.

I can't remember eating Indian food but I'd probably eat a few plates of that!

There are so many choices / options that are spicy, sweet, tart, etc... I hope you give it a shot sometime. It's tough to get bored with Indian cuisine.

I like how you roll! Love Indian food, but for no good reason I never cook it - probably 'cause I'm in an area with a lot of South Asian restaurants and markets & it's easy to go get it. If you ever come out this way gimme a holler & I'll show you some great places.

Anyway - the matter at hand - nicely done as always - loving it! Hope you and the fam are having a relaxing and delicious weekend.

So Patak's Hot Curry is an OK product? we can get that here

I learned much of my homemade curry skills from a dear local family while living in East Cambridgeshire, UK. Mr. Patak's products are a great place to start. If you're comfortable with adding diced tomatoes and tweaking the flavors for a sauce, the curry paste is perfect for you. Sometimes, I double-up... start with a little curry paste and a little fresh veg to add depth of flavor to a canned/jarred sauce.

Have fun! Tough to go wrong. Make it your own!

Looks fantastic, Shadow!
Banana samosas... I've GOT to look for those here. lol

Well, Jeanie's gone crazy (said in a loving way), us Okie's ain't got no samosas... we don't even know what they are. But if we did have any I bet they're good. Your's looked good anyway.Congrats.

Back