Fatty storage question...

jalon

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of doing a nice large batch of fatties, with different fillings, from pure nekkid to super fancy. :thumb:

I'm thinking if I cook to 160F, then pull, double wrap in foil, I should be able to store them in the Freezer. Take one out, thaw, reheat in the oven on a rainy day...

Anyone have thoughts on this? Suggestions and lessons learned would be much appreciated.

Jalon

That will work. I usually make the nekkid fatties to use on breakfast sammies. Those I'll slice and then freeze. They work great on a sourdough muffin with a hard egg & a slice of American cheese. That's my breakfast 9 out of 10 times. Cheers!!!

That'll work. I usually slice mine and then freeze, makes it more versatile and easier to reheat IMHO.

Makes good sense. I love the idea of a breakfast sandwich in the am...do you guys reheat in the microwave (not preferred, but speedy) or use the oven?

You can do microwave at low power (30%), or just put it in boiling water in the FoodSaver bag.

Makes good sense. I love the idea of a breakfast sandwich in the am...do you guys reheat in the microwave (not preferred, but speedy) or use the oven?
For the breakfast sammie I put the frozen slice in the pan right before the egg goes in. They both are ready at the same time. Basically the fattie slice gets thawed out and warmed up by the time the egg is ready. Cheers!!!

Forgot to mention. That one little slice of fattie warming up in the pan makes the kitchen smell so good, it makes the rest of the day go by a lot easier IMO... Cheers!!!

Dagummit.....might have to get up early and smoke one. This is killing me :rolleyes:

Fatties can be crazy addictive. They work so well in tons of recipes, though I just love to eat a slice, ok 2...ok 3 whenever space on a plate is available. Gotta get back to the gym. damn fatty!

Vacu-suk them they keep the smoky flavor better that way.

Back