High Plains Lockdown Fridge Dive - Croque Madame (Pt 5 of X?) w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So... there I was... (WHERE WERE YOU!?)

... trying to sleep at 0430 on Monday, when my belly argued the fact that it was hungry enough to awake me. I persisted and managed to quell the need with a HUGE vat of coffee and a read through of "The Good Shepherd" by CS Forester (Tom Hanks "Greyhound" is loosely based on the book).

Meanwhile, I convinced CINCHOUSE to watch the video with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7yLHhEv91U&t=1s

Alton Brown speaks the truth. This is not difficult, but is ah-mazingly delicious.

gpJsIMDl.jpg

fIRQ2aWl.jpg

cjrNyGYl.jpg

GQwIBCil.jpg

nAb1wsol.jpg

Please, y'all... be safe. Stay home. Be safe and look after those you love.

A good variation of this recipe is to extend the bechamel into a mornay sauce. I like a combo of cheddar and Gruyere.

Marc,

I watched the video, and love Alton and the back to your post... Yeah you nailed it! You gotta watch the video... I will try this in the future!!

Thanks,
Greg

We watched a whole mess of videos on the subject before diving in. Alton speaks truth.

If you've not watched his pantry raid videos during the quarantine.... you're missing out.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
That looks delicious. Did you try the egg version. We may try it if we have the ingredients in the house.

I can now also attest to the fact that 1/2 of a croque madam is perfect for breakfast.

Looks fantastic! I'm feeling all bloated and fat right now so it's gonna be minute till I try it though. :oops: Hopefully I'll get over that feeling by...lunch? :hungry:

Back