Chuck Boneless Top Blade and Parmesan Pesto Zucchini Sticks

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Inspiration for the side dish from Ina Garten - Parmesan Pesto Zucchini Sticks

The steaks are simple Chuck Boneless Top Blade. They looked good and I knew they'd grill quickly.

I made Basil Pesto again yesterday for these Zucchini Sticks. The breading is slightly different from her video since I omitted Parsley, but went with fresh Basil from our garden, Panko, Garlic, Parmesan and EVOO. Dip the Zucchini into the Pesto, place into the Basil Parmesan breading and you get -

SqF04Ly.jpg

Bake in a 400F oven for 25 -30 minutes.

Meanwhile, some baby potatoes sprayed with Duck Fat, seasoned with S&P are out on the Goldens' -

3COrB4u.jpg

Add the steaks -

VGOl2ps.jpg

Give 'em a few minutes -

01DawjZ.jpg

gTNrcFZ.jpg

And dinner is ready -

nojHJVK.jpg

H2U3wVe.jpg

6c6FQAa.jpg

Quick and easy for a Tuesday nite dinner.

HblOQjl.jpg

jiyNkFD.jpg

The Zucchini sticks made a great side dish. Not at all difficult to make, the use of the Pesto is different (nothing I would have thought of on my own) and I like that they're baked in the oven rather than fried.

As always, thanks for checking in on a weeknight dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

I've done similar with asparagus. Great way to add some crunch without frying.

The whole plate looks great. As always.

Always top notch and always a nice culinary twist involved ������
What do you think of the blade steaks ?

Always top notch and always a nice culinary twist involved ������
What do you think of the blade steaks ?

Thanks.

At first I thought they might be tough since they're chuck. But they grilled up nicely and were quite tender. Seasoning was my standard touch of Worcestershire, followed with Oakridge Carne Croste Steakhouse. I'd certainly buy these again.

Dom, you really got me interested with that Zucchini. I recently got an Air fryer and that recipe would be awesome done that way!

Off to the kitchen!

Cheers!

Bill

Accolades to Ina Garten for this one, I was simply intrigued by how good these looked and her "How simple is that?" mentality that she brings to many of her recipes.

Yes, Ina is amazing. We don't get much of her stuff over here. I've had to download most of her shows. Very simple, just like those zucchini.

Vision & Talent a wicked good combination

Nice.
Thanks for the zuke idea, my garden is making plenty of zukes and frankly have run out of ideas to cook them.

Back