Ideas for left over pulled pork

M

mkatts

Had a Buckeyes Football party this past weekend. Just had a few guys from work over. I over estimated how much meat I needed. I had 24 lbs of pork for the game. We ate about 1 full butt. I wrapped up the reset is 1 lb freezer bags and into the freezer.

My wife used the leftovers last time to make enchiladas that were out of this world. But other than that and fajita's, I am looking for some other ideas to use the meat for. Thought about some chili, but other than that I am drawing blank.

Here is the enchiladas...

pork (duh) :)
1 can old al passo enchilada sauce
1 pack of totilla shells
couple onions cut into pedals
cheddar cheese
diced tomoated
green onions
sour cream

I grilled the onions over a hickory smoked fire till translucent.
brush sauce onto totilla shells, add in pork, onions and cheese.
roll up. put into casserole dish.
She made 6 of them.
poured sauce and cheese over the top of all enciladas.
Cooked in the over till cheese melted.

Put green onions and tomates on top and cooked a few more minuted.

Serve with sour cream.

Very good!
progress.gif

Now that sounds real good. Only problem is around here there ain't no leftovers. :p

Taquitoes
cornbread (see cornbread thread)
egg rolls
baked beans
fried rice
tacos
pizza topping
stew ingrediant
chimichangas
And....

Pulled pork & veggie soup
Nachos
empanadas
tamales
stir fry
fattie or abt stuffing w/cream cheese

Take a look at RiverCitySmokes thread, "Labor day" he made some fine looking PP Cornbread!

I put some in a Sweetcorn Chowder last week, worked really well

My personal favorites are:

BBQ Pizza is quick and easy....Boboli crust, BBQ sauce, Pulled pork and then some mozzarella or pepper jack on top with a little dry rub and a bit more BBQ sauce drizzled on top......

Brunswick Stew (or at least save some to be used in Brunswick stew when it gets colder)

BBQ Nachos....haven't made them in a while but had some the other night at a Redbirds game here in Memphis.

My all time personal favorite though is to chop some pork up, heat a skillet with a little veggie oil and stirfry the pork with a little Scott's BBQ sauce or any thin vinegar based sauce. Serve immediately on a dollar roll and you're in business!!

BBQ Spagetti, any pasta product will work, just use pulled pork instead of sausage or meatballs, mix 50% tomato sauce with 50% BBQ sauce serve like normal pasta, its Great !!!!!!!:-D

"Pork Hash

2 medium potatoes (I find red-skins are best)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons green or red pepper; (Bell pepper)
-- chopped, up to 3
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
1 1/2 cups leftover pork butt bar-b-que; finely chopped
salt to taste
black pepper, freshly ground, to taste

Melt butter or heat oil. Add the onion and bell pepper. Saut‚ E9 them for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the potatoes, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 or 6 minutes. Turn the potatoes add salt and fresh ground black pepper. Let the potatoes cook another 5 or 6 minutes. Add the Pork and stir to mix.. Let cook another few minutes stirring several times to insure that everything is evenly heat and is piping hot. Check doneness of potatoes and cook until tender. Serve hot. Almost anytime I bar-b-que pork butt I always have a lot left over. We eat some it as leftover sandwiches using a flour tortilla rather than a bun or some bread. Rolling the pork in a flour tortilla gives it a different taste. I will freeze about half of it in several small Ziploc bags (about 4) and use them for sandwiches later. Just thaw them and heat the meat in a microwave for 30 seconds or so. This is still another way of using leftover Q. Posted to the BBQ list on July 15, 1998 Wendell Smith - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yield: 1 serving"

Last edited:
Last time I had some pork left over, my occasional cooking partner, Mary, made sort of a pulled pork caesar salad out of it. To a bed of mixed greens, add some red onion slices, sliced peppers, croutons, whatever other vegatables appeal to you. Meanwhile, let the pork com up to room temperature and pat any excess oil or grease off it with a paper towel. Toss the meat with some Makoto ginger salad dressing; toss additional salad gressing with the greens, then pile the meat on top of the tossed salad. I really didn't think I was going to care much for this, but it came out great. Everyone I've tried it on since has liked it.

How about somebody make Pork Salad as in ham. or tuna salad and get back to me.

ABTs, love them.

We have done the mexican buritos.

I also have made sandwiches with provolone cheese, ragu homestyle spagetti sauce, and lettuce.

I tried doing a phily cheese once, but it did not turn out.

Pulled Pork Egg Rolls from Food Network

Pulled Pork Egg Rolls from Food Network

gi0106_eggrolls1_e.jpg

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_34274,00.html?rsrc=search

Pulled Pork Egg Rolls

Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Show: Guys Big Bite
Episode: Far Out Far East Finger Food

Pulled Pork:
2-pound pork butt, cut into 4 pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 red onion, diced
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 bottle BBQ sauce

Cole Slaw:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 bag pre-shredded coleslaw mix
1/2 red onion, halved

Egg Rolls:
4 cups vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 tablespoons milk
12 egg roll wrappers

For the pork: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.

Season the pork with salt and pepper. Place in a braising pan and add the onion, vinegar, and BBQ sauce. Toss well. Braise for 3 hours, covered, until fork tender. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and "pull" with forks until shredded. Add braising liquid, to taste. Cool.

For the slaw: Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery salt, garlic salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the vegetables and mix thoroughly. Let sit 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

For the egg rolls: In large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. Add enough oil to keep the egg rolls from touching the bottom of the pan.

In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk together and set aside.
With the corner of the wrappers facing you, place approximately 1/12th of the pulled pork on each wrapper. Place a dollop of coleslaw on top. Fold the corner over the filling, and then fold the outside corners in, making a roll a 4 to 5-inches wide. Roll firmly, being careful to not tear wrapper, and seal the final end with egg wash.

Dredge the roll in egg wash, allow excess to drain off, and submerge the roll in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and cut on an angle, if desired.

Chili...try a mix of about 1.5 lbs of pulled pork & 1.5 lbs of brisket

try some stuffed portobello mushrooms... kind of an open faced abt with cream cheese, sliced jalapeno strips and sweet red pepper then pile on the pulled pork and smoke for about an hour. i call them atomic buffalo patties! really good

atomicbuffalopattie-003.jpg

atomicbuffalopattie-012.jpg

go bucs!

Last edited:
Back