What's the fuss all about w/ L&S?

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
LOL, Today I feel like it! Every once in a while I'll break out the double decker and with the bottom intake closed I'll through a chunky split in about every hour or so and sit and relax. Probably throw a pan in with veggies later in a couple hours. The neighbors are enjoying the thinnest of blue floating their way!

Ya know the package said choice but I sure liked the marbling on the chuck roast. Not sure what else is going on later but I've wanted to grill some fresh pineapple so that'll get done I'm sure. Thanks for stopping by, Show more progress later I'm sure.

Last edited:
Grilling fresh pineapple over a mulberry split fire while slow smoking a chuckie...Who woulda thunk? :noidea:

Ya know the package said choice but I sure liked the marbling on the chuck roast.

I agree. I've never understood why people go by the label on a piece of meat instead of what their eyes can tell them. Of course, I tend to buy from the marked down meat. It's beef, people pay extra to buy it and then allow it to age further, anyways.

How long have you had that upper deck? Jury is still out on that contraption.

I had no Idea pineapple could taste this good! Last pic is just keeping it warm for a bit.

Looks great. That's what it is all about. Having a nice relaxing cook. Enjoy yourself..

Sweet corn going on if anyone's interested.

Splits are fun.
Cherry%20lamb%20cook_zpswvggmyku.jpg

I lit 15 pieces of Kingsford, added some cherry. When it had burned down to coals, I put a leg of lamb on the rotisserie and kept adding more cherry every 30-45 minutes until the lamb hit 130F.

Splits are fun.

I lit 15 pieces of Kingsford, added some cherry. When it had burned down to coals, I put a leg of lamb on the rotisserie and kept adding more cherry every 30-45 minutes until the lamb hit 130F.

It is fun my coal base is real rocking now. Good luck with the lamb!

Back in standard 007 mode now...she's taking a bath in her own juices til finished.

This is jmo but I think tender melt in your type chuckie is really hard to beat although tri tips and ribeyes/rib roasts rule. That said...I can't wait to make that gravy and mashed potatoes tomorrow to go with it.

That is an equal match for any brisket. Putting it on a bun?
Yes already did and going to do some with horsey sauce too I think. Also some w/ the gravy and potatoes...gotta do that for sure. It was a favorite of mine growing up.

Oh and yes I agree with the brisket comparison.

omg that looks awesome. nice & juicy, that gravy nice & smooth... and the mac & cheese got my wife. i'm headin' to Indiana for a plate, and a cookin' lesson.

Back