What's the fuss all about w/ L&S?

omg that looks awesome. nice & juicy, that gravy nice & smooth... and the mac & cheese got my wife. i'm headin' to Indiana for a plate, and a cookin' lesson.
Ha, I can think of a lot better stops for a cooking lesson like LA or Oklahoma haha but thanks for the compliment... It definitely turned out well. For the gravy whisk whisk whisk

Spoon is hickory?
IIRC it was a blend of hickory, oak, cherry and maple. The tag on it said with a hot simmer that specific wood blend would embark a unique wood smoke flavor. I'm a sucker for good advertising.

Damn Keith! Mouthwatering post!!
Thanks John! Every now and then just gotta mix things up as to not get bored.

Tremendous looking cook! This is the opposite of the limbo: how high can you go
Thanks! High as in height the cook grate can go up to 8" above the cylinder. Temp wise high I've cooked in the 700's in the dome but that's a hot fire. :flame: Most of the time 300*-500* up there is good depending on what's getting cooked.

That gravy looks pretty delicious!
Thanks, I lucked out because I should have siphoned some off drippings before I put everything in the fridge overnight but I was able to get enough of the fats and some juice to make a good roux.

I mixed up some Key lime / horseradish mayo the other day...it was grate!!

PS: Killer gravy !!!!

Thanks for the tip buckie, I'll give that a try sometime and if I can't find any key limes then maybe put in a squeeze of regular lime?

Back