Healthy Throwdown White Bean Chicken Breast Chili

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
When they made the January Throwndown Category. ***SPECIAL*** “New Year’s Resolution: Healthy & Delicious”, I was ecstatic. (Link to Throwdown: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296283) You see this is what I’ve been cooking for the last 2 years. (My wife and I have been on WW and I’ve lost 100 pounds) I’ve been re-examining lots of my recipes so I can still eat delicious food but all within the WW guidelines.

Anyway, for this Throwdown I decided to remake my White Bean Chicken Breast Chili. (Recipe can be found here: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295669)

I picked up a package of Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breasts.

I sliced them in half horizontally to allow more surface area for rub and grill marks.

I used some BP Desert Gold rub I had won in a previous Throwdown.

I put these on the Redhead indirect to start out.

While they were cooking, I started prepping the rest of the ingredients. Veggies for Chili.

Veggies for the sauce. (Note: I didn’t have any Tomatillos, so I just added some Hendez Tomatillo Salsa to the blender when the time came)

Chicken was mostly done now so I placed them over the coals to get some grill mark char going.

Now I roasted the veggies for the sauce.

While them were roasting I heated up the OO and started to sweat the veggies.

Sauce veggies are coming along nicely.

Now I added the chili seasoning and stirred it in. (The smell was incredible)

Next, I added the flour and the rest of the canned ingredients and stirred them in.

I let that simmer while I chopped up the chicken. (Note: There was more chicken than last time, so I added another can on beans, corn and chicken broth to make the ratios better. )

While that was simmering, I skinned and seeded the chiles and put everything in the blender. (Adding the Herdez Tomatillo salsa)

I added the sauce to the chili, stirred it in and then added the minced cilantro and stirred that in.

I let this simmer for another 2 minutes before serving it up.

Here it is plated up with the Non-fat Greek Yogurt (Healthy substitute for sour cream) and some cilantro garnish.

This was absolutely delicious and only 1 WW point per serving. (A serving is 1 cup. This was a large bowl so it was 2 WW points)

Thanks for looking.

Another colorful cook with exceptional detail and pictures. You knocked it out of the park once again!

Back