Silversmoke smokers

grantw

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Haven't seen these up close yet, hopping to go tomorrow, they are fully welded and insulated. I want a backwoods but am having trouble justifying shipping to me in the great white north. What are the thought?
FDC9DB0C-731F-4FB7-873D-9E5876FF221A-7317-000005124AD7E46E_zpsc7ee0672.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums...A277A3F-7317-00000512328795D0_zps5f58868f.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums...685E66D-7317-00000512656AE5AE_zpscbdd25f6.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums...DE27F27-7317-000005125927FD15_zpsfe823c87.jpg

They certainly look nice in the pics. All stainless steel? Water smoker?

I don't know anything about this particular make of smoker but I do know that all-welded is a big deal (at least to me). When I was shopping for an upright I immediately ruled out the pits that has lots of screws and rivets - those areas are prone to rust and will rust over time if not taken care of. My Pitmaker doesn't have a screw in it. I would highly recommend you consider something all-welded for longevity and resale.

All-welded is a big deal. I would not buy an upright full of screws and rivets personally. A lot of these guys use a cheaper grade of sheet metal and lots of the aforementioned fasteners - simply will not last as long as all of those areas are prone to rust and corrosion. My Pitmaker doesn't have a screw in it. Whatever you buy, I'd suggest you strongly consider all-welded with a higher grade of sheet metal and high quality stainless as all high-risk corrosion areas.

Ya there stainless steel water smokers

looks like its the size of the Onyx oven. did they really just drill holes in steam pans for the grates?

Nice looking smokers.
Do you have any info on availability and pricing?
jon

A lot of CDN Brethren are here, but you might inquire at the Prairie BBQ Assn. clone builders site and see whats the dealio on this smoker. Looks pretty nice to me. Don't know what part of Canada you are from, but the BBQShop.com in the Vancouver BC area sells Backwoods and Cookshacks, just an fyi.

Space between the racks look tight and airflow looks like it might be an issue. Check out the MJH from Backyard Bomber BBQ. It is on sale till next friday. Awsome cooker.

Last edited:
The smoke goes out the bottom through those holes, and in through the top through those slots , hard to see the slots. The little one is 2300 and the larger one is 4000. I think for that much ill get an fec100.

These are 100 % stainless steel, the only seem is the front door inner pannel is screwed on. He said he did that so the weatherstrip was changeable.

Check out Pitmakers facebook for some nice pics of an all SS safe...7k tag according to a comment they made.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Grant, Silversmoke webpage is in the works! We have done our testing and our fair share of eating. We have done some fine tuning and have been able to control our smokers really well and achieve some REALLY good product not to mention with lower cooking times due to the convection. We will hopefully have a page up with online purchasing before summer shows up. If it ever shows up. Stay tuned!
Darren

These things are worth a good look, zoom in on the pictures, they are seamless , I have seen them in person and bought a backwoods because of price, and was always a little disappointed in how smaked together my backwoods is, it was built fast, real fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you are in the area stop by to see them in person. We've made some changes that take these to the next level.

Back