Ribeye Cap @ Costco

I thought i just saw them in my area too.

It seems like i'm the minority on this one but i prefer the cap with the rest of the ribeye myself. I feel like it's a little deceiving that Costco sells ribeyes with the spinalis removed but the description on the label doesn't say so. I'm sure alot of people have no clue the prime ribeyes they are buying has the best piece removed.

Still have them in KC too

Every time I go to Costco in KC, I look for them but have never found them. I asked one of the workers once if they ever get them and he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "not in the two years that I've been here." I told him that people have sourced them in KC and he said not at his store. This was the one on the west side of KC. Most recent attempt was November '21 at the north store. Maybe one day.

So it definitely looks like this is a regional decision. I went to 4 different Costco's in North Jersey and not one of them are carrying the ribeye cap. All had regular prime ribeye steaks in packages of 4. I spoke to another manager and he says they haven't seen it on over a year. For those who have access to it, enjoy.

Every time I go to Costco in KC, I look for them but have never found them. I asked one of the workers once if they ever get them and he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "not in the two years that I've been here." I told him that people have sourced them in KC and he said not at his store. This was the one on the west side of KC. Most recent attempt was November '21 at the north store. Maybe one day.

I should probably clarify that this was the Independence location and just used “KC” as a general reference.

I should probably clarify that this was the Independence location and just used “KC” as a general reference.

Thanks for the info. Is that the one on the east side of town? Town being the great KC metropolitan area? I very rarely get to that one as my KC journeys usually take me west and north. I will make an effort the next time I venture north.

Thanks,

Robert

Yes, it's just east of 291 highway on I-70...maybe 15 minutes east of downtown KCMO.

Back