Excellent Deal on Knife Set

KDRNAOVO coupon is still good as of Tuesday July 6th. Ordered mine for $12. Hard not to at that price.

KDRNAOVO coupon is still good as of Tuesday July 6th. Ordered mine for $12. Hard not to at that price.

Thanks for the code. For the life of me, I couldn't find it. So I missed the 15% off but was able to apply this code and my total was about $20 .... still not too bad.

Ditto. Was $18.00 this AM. Ordered a set for a gift.

You won’t be disappointed High carbon stainless. Rockwell Test 55 +-2
Storage box magnet lid closure. Durability? TBD

Got mine yesterday as well. Looks good for the price, will likely be going in the travel box.

Last edited:
Received mine this morning and they seem pretty darn nice for the money. The chef's knife in particular, is a (personally) much appreciated heavy knife. They came fairly sharp but tuned them up to hair shaving sharp using my latest gadget the Work Sharp Precision Adjust knife sharpener. If you don't like to use stones or are just looking for a change of pace, this $50 Work Sharp is for you.

Is it any better than the goofy thing I already have?

Knives, I don’t need, but a great way to sharpen them would be useful.

I don't know about your Wusthof in particular but a lot of the hand held type sharpeners use a carbide stone of sorts that take off a lot of material in a short amount of time that can leave the edge a bit toothy. Toothy isn't always a bad thing and is often actually preferred but for me, I like my kitchen cutlery edges to be mirror like.

For the money though, the Work Sharp Precision Adjust is a great tool. Pick up some 3M lapping film to finish it off and your knives will just about split a hair. Plenty of YouTube vids on it.

Got my set late today. Didn't have a chance to put them through the paces completely. Washed and honed them, and sliced up some tomatoes to check the sharpness. Very nice for a $13 set of three. I like the weight and balance. I especially like the fact that the box is useable for storage and travel without having to bag or block them.

Received mine this morning and they seem pretty darn nice for the money. The chef's knife in particular, is a (personally) much appreciated heavy knife. They came fairly sharp but tuned them up to hair shaving sharp using my latest gadget the Work Sharp Precision Adjust knife sharpener. If you don't like to use stones or are just looking for a change of pace, this $50 Work Sharp is for you.

I never have had any luck with the hand held sharpeners. ...but keep buying with high hopes. With the Work Sharp how do you know the blade angle ?

For the money though, the Work Sharp Precision Adjust is a great tool. Pick up some 3M lapping film to finish it off and your knives will just about split a hair. Plenty of YouTube vids on it.

….I came here looking at a $13 knife set and here you go and sell me a $50 sharpener….:mad2:

:wink:

Ordered mine Tuesday night had them on Wednesday. Great deal thanks. I wish i had ordered more than one set. Looks like it would make a great gift.

I never have had any luck with the hand held sharpeners. ...but keep buying with high hopes. With the Work Sharp how do you know the blade angle ?

Has a very user friendly angle adjust.
I've been down the rabbit hole on knife sharpeners and will most likely, probably, eventually end up with a Tormek T8 but for now, the WS satisfies my needs.

I've been down the rabbit hole on knife sharpeners and will most likely, probably, eventually end up with a Tormek T8 but for now, the WS satisfies my needs.

That thing looks badass, too.

I’ve been a toolmaker for 40 years and am intimately familiar with cutting edges, relief angles and all that crap. I’ve always had co-workers who pooh-poohed any kind of tool sharpening equipment - “…don’t need that, I can do it by hand…”

Yes, yes you can, and I can too, and have, in a pinch but you cannot do as good a job as a tool dedicated to that purpose.

The Wusthof sharpener I have is way too vague in at least two directions. It will put an edge on my knives, but I’ve never been able to get them as good as they were when they were new.

Back