Chicken Thighs via Thirdeye

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Had my B-I-L and S-I-L for dinner last Sunday for what I told them was my world famous bone in chicken thighs. This with rice and stewed tomatoes is one of our favorite meals. I used Thirdeye’s light brine but I use 1/2 the kosher salt and added a bay leaf, a dash of old bay seasoning, and some honey. I brined for 2-3 hrs rinsed , padded dry and let it sit in fridge for a few hours. I seasoned with Smoke’n Dudes- out of Ben Salem PA- chicken rub. Cooked for about 25 minutes. My S-I-L said it was the best chicken she has had. Even ate the skin and took 2 thighs home. Meal a success. Sorry no pics. Thanks Wayne. If you have not tried his brine you should check it out

Sounds like a successful cook. Wayne has many great cooking recipes.

I love these kinds of stories where the food was enjoyed by all.

That sounds like a good combination, I like using Old Bay in brines. As long as you don't go much less than 1/2 ounce of salt you still have a workable brine, plus the Old Bay has some salt in it.

You just made chicken thighs their own food group

Well played

Glad you had a successful cook, George. I hear that Thirdeye guy might know a thing or two about outdoor cooking.

Thanks everyone I do enjoy using the Egg In have had some really good food off of it and of course some not so good

Back