creekstone farms choice brisket sale

Can anybody compare their choice brisket to Costco's prime?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I bought 2 of them. I usually get prime briskets from Sam's or Costco. I am interested to see how they stack up. I am usually disappointed when I buy expensive meat online. I have really high expectations for it.

I like their ribs when I catch them on sale, but last time I bought a brisket from them I was not satisfied. Hardly any flat at all and extremely thin. I'll be passing on the brisket sale.

Something to note here is that the entire carcass is graded, and not individual cuts. When it comes to brisket I've had some Primes with very little marbling, and some Choices which look almost like wagyu with their marbling. On the Creekstone Farms website it says their Choice beef is upper 2/3, which means it's pretty close to Prime.

https://meat.tamu.edu/files/2018/10/Understanding-USDA-beef-quality-grades.pdf

I've ordered from Creekstone Farms a couple of times and everything has always been good. The price, even their sale price, is just too expensive for me though. I never noticed a difference between their products and what I get at Sam's, Costco, or Restaurant Depot.

Back