THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mchar69

Quintessential Chatty Farker
The guy at Butcher's Alley in Bethesda, MD, said it came from Creekstone Farms.

9uYRMtOl.jpg

I salted it at 12:30 and by 5pm it looked liked this -

3KyNzsCl.jpg

N83PDWfl.jpg

UL2Vpbul.jpg

It is on low but you see it tighten up.

C0jJ1uIl.jpg

I am blazing the fire w/ a hairdryer for a sear at the end -
3RNUz5ol.jpg

Getting there-
tfm3ALUl.jpg

some more -
D1FeRiHl.jpg

Plated
zNbezBUl.jpg

The reverse sear is a good option - look at that end to end pink!

7Jks0TOl.jpg

I will say the salt osmosed the liquid and inside was really delicious because of this.
I would never buy one of these with my own money. The fillet part was excellent.
The strip part was -- not. Looks good, but, it is STILL

ribeye, ftw!

.Don't melt your wifes Hair dryer!

HA! That's my work hairdryer with about 2000 hours on it
used to dry patches, etc., sometimes it runs all day drying a wall or large patch,etc!

I would be in trouble if I used my wifes'!! I bought mine pink so I could find it easy in the back of my van - it is an important tool.

I will say the salt osmosed the liquid and inside was really delicious because of this.
I would never buy one of these with my own money. The fillet part was excellent.
The strip part was -- not. Looks good, but, it is STILL

ribeye, ftw!

Yeah I agree, strip w/fillet has nothing on Ribeye. But you nailed it in terms of doneness.

That steak rec'd the right treatment. Sides look ridiculous too. :hungry:

It looks perfect with the doneness. Reverse sear is the only way I cook a steak or steak type meat.

Back