Fatties/ABT cook time question...

augie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm going to a good friend's BD party this upcoming weekend and in response to my asking if there was anything I could bring, food-wise, I was told "finger foods".

I decided on some fatties, probably four, and as many ABTs as I can fit on the top grate of the WSM.

Since I'll probably be running with a dome temp of around 265 to shoot for 250 at the top grate, any idea on how long I can expect the fatties to take to finish on the bottom grate? I'm guessing roughly two hours for the ABTs, any comment on that?

I'll be using the clay saucer water pan mod in case that factors into the equation.

I think two hours at that temp would be fine for the ABT's, Steve-O. You might want to turn them once.

pull the fatties at 160, 2 hrs at 250 is plenty.....only 4 fatties....party of 2?:biggrin:

Those fatties are going to be the hit of the meal, you may want to make an additional 4 just to make sure everyone get there share!

I'm sure that there will be a LOT of food at this party. I would also guess that most of the people that will be there will have never seen, heard of, let alone tasted a fatty before. I fully expect that my buddy will specifically request them next time. :wink:

Maybe I'll make six and let a couple of them stay at home... :twisted:

I made 2 fatties yesterday for a friend's party. I decided to use Italian sausage and "good-god" they turned out great. I stuffed them with a jar of chopped jalepenos mixed with a can of drained Rotel, cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper and chunks of pepper jack cheese.

Back