Pastrami, a Nekkid Fatty, and A Beer :-D

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When corned beef is on sale we always buy extra to make pastrami and to toss in the freezer for later. I did one for pastrami yesterday using Thirdeye’s recipe and pressure finish.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/05/beef-pastrami.html

I set up my PK360 for indirect cooking and added some unlit Royal Oak briquettes, and then 1/2 chimney of lit briquettes and let it settle in at 250. Once it was settled in I added the pastrami and fatty.

About 90 minutes later the fatty was done, so I took it off to use another day

Once the pastrami hit 150 internal I put it on a rack over some beer in my Ninja Foodi and cooked at high pressure for 35 minutes and let the pressure to release naturally. At that point the pastrami was nice and tender so I took it out of the Foodi to rest and cool before slicing.

Once it was cooled I separated the point and flat portions and sliced thin for Reuben sandwiches.

I am not exaggerating when I say that this was the best pastrami I have made so far! I think the pressure finish made the difference!

Now, for the beer :-D we have a small brewery less than a mile from our house and they are doing some very interesting things with fruited beers. Because of the virus crap they have been doing Saturday morning drive through distributions and they make it easy! Yesterday’s new offering was a guava sour that is fantastic!

I can almost taste that reuben, Ron. Grub looks killer and beer looks interesting.

I've had sours before, but never headed in that tropical direction.

I feel weird that this was the first thing that came to mind...

0001090410_350.jpg

I'll show myself out...:oops:

but...wow that looks good! :shocked: :hungry:

Fantastic, Ron. Pastrami looks great, and really like the "crisp" on the outside of the bread! :clap2:

I'm glad to see you still have some of that RO charcoal left...:caked:

You had me at beer, but I may as well stay for a sandwich. That looks great. I've never done pastrami, but one day....

I feel weird that this was the first thing that came to mind...

0001090410_350.jpg

NTTAWWT :becky:

Fantastic, Ron. Pastrami looks great, and really like the "crisp" on the outside of the bread! :clap2:

I'm glad to see you still have some of that RO charcoal left...:caked:

Just a little :-D

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Great cook on the 360!

I dig the beer glass, Weir did you get that?

Ron did you make the pastrami seasoning? what spice did you hit it with?

Mighty fine looking cook Ron. We do the same with the corned beefs. I need to get to making a pastrami again

Y'ever think about enrobing that sausage log with bacon? :twisted: Just funnin' Ron, looks great!

Great cook on the 360!

I dig the beer glass, Weir did you get that?

A guy on Facebook makes them. He did 216 of those and it sold out in less than a minute :shock:

Ron did you make the pastrami seasoning? what spice did you hit it with?

I used the recipe in Thirdeye’s post, link in my first post.

for some reason, I was expecting a joke "Pastrami, a Nekkid Fatty, and A Beer walk into a bar"... hilarity ensues.

Not disappointed in the contents- tho. I have a small pack of corned beef that I will end up boiling. Wish it were bigger so that it would be worth smoking - I love a good pastrami.

Back