Thanks for the idea and pictures. They remind me of the ones I had eaten in Europe.

I'm going to try this but makes them in sticks.

I sense pretzels in my future

When I was a kid my favorite thing in the mall was getting a Hot Sam pretzel......HAD to have one!

That looks fantastic!

That's amazing.cant wait to try

Damn now I am going to have to try these. Looks good!
Thank you all. These were really good and not that hard to make. There are just 2 things I'd do different next time. 1) I put too much salt on them and b) the bottoms were a little to done for the top. (Some were just a little burnt)

If, no scratch that, when I make these again I'll raise the stone up in the kamado so as to cook the top as fast as the bottom.

if you truly want "pretzel" taste, after the final proof dip the pretzel in lye water and then bake. The longer you keep it in the water, the chewier the final product will be. use about a tablespoon of lye to about a gallon of water. make sure you use 100% lye and that it does not have anything else in it.
Thank you Bravo. I thought about the lye solution but decided against it due to the caustic nature of the lye. I just didn't want to have to deal with all that came with it.

Back