What was your after Thanksgiving meal?

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After thanksgiving, we went for one of my favs - grilled pork chops.

I had some pork chops, some bone in, some butterflied, on the ready. Loaded a mix of LJ pecan and LJ apple in the 'ole MAK (setup with searing grates). Hit them with a little SM Spicy Apple. They looked like this:

iFeKk22l.jpg

We plated, on our finest Okie China of course, with some baked potatoes, broccoli and salad. That look like this:

CguTOJBl.jpg

After all that boring turkey, it was pretty darn good. Not 100% sure re: the Spicy Apple. It has a lingering heat that I loved, but started with an odd (IMO) taste that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Anyway... hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and God Bless America!

Kids Chicken Express added large family okra

Had leftover ham yesterday but cooking brisket, sausage and Central Texas style turkey breast today for family heading back to Tennessee tomorrow.

3 Cheese Texas toast, smoked turkey breast, bacon, and mozzarella cheese. This was one of those MSU moments and I definitely wont wait for leftover turkey to do them again.

Last edited:
Had leftover rotisserie and smoked turkey and ham. Made a soup and sandwich out of 'em.

Used the leftover gravy, chicken stock, potatoes, carrots, celery, salt, pepper. Hit the spot next day for late lunch

5AoYGRfh.jpg

Sandwich was sort of like turkey salad and ham with mayo, tomatoes, green onions, celery

im5sOtXh.jpg

yuSyEe3h.jpg

Good stuff!

Each year, I like to break out the waffle iron for the leftover stuffing and pile everything else onto the plate and top with plenty of gravy.

Waffled the stuffing that I made (previous post). Top with the stuffing she made and some diced turkey. No leftover taters otherwise they would have been in the pile as well. Plenty of gravy over the top. Side of ribs from the Cheater Crown and some cranberry sauce to finish.

Had this about 10 am CST and am still full.

Attachments

• 20211127_095649.jpg
    20211127_095649.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 20211127_095847.jpg
    20211127_095847.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 107
We always nibble on leftovers when we get home from the dinner.

Next day is always the black friday extravaganza. First off, I've never participated. Secondly, they no longer do the crazy 4AM stuff. The lady left at 9 to meet her sisters and go shopping, and then we always meet at a local pizza place before most of them go to a movie. So, pizza.

The best part, is that this is always a disaster. The pizza shop says "all groups require a reservation, no reservations on Friday/Saturday" We show up on Friday, with 30 people. I was eating as I walked out the door, to drive there. It took us about 70 minutes to get our pizza, and that was right about when I was getting hungry again ( =

Back