MAK Grills talk/pics/thoughts/reviews and appreciation thread

Todays MAKtion, Duroc Pork STL Spares people keep requesting the Spares and I say OK, guess I'm good at it or maybe not so good at other things. :shocked:

So Tasty :hungry:

Loot 'N Booty Everything Rub with a dusting of Killer Hogs Hot Rub.

IQpyCX4.jpg

BB81AfO.jpg

5TyIA6o.jpg

SCtXyLe.jpg

A59rgT7.jpg

Yeah, that's a built in part of the cool down process designed to reduce preheat time on your next cook.
And here I was dumping the pellets out of the pot. You may have to come and repossess my Mak. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So close but so far away.........I was so thrilled this morning that FedEx tracking showed my 1 Star arrived at the Austin FedEx facility at 5:51 AM. Why wait for Monday delivery, I'll just go pick it up today. My excitement was quickly over when I discovered that unlike the regular FedEx facility, the freight facility is closed on Saturday. So Monday it is. :cry:

Thats better than my Washington DC UPS experience. Item loaded onto the truck - out for delivery - truck at facility - package not delivered - reason: Too early (it would've been a day early)

Yeah, that's a built in part of the cool down process designed to reduce preheat time on your next cook.

So keep them when cleaning the pot and re-seed them afterwords?

Todays MAKtion, Duroc Pork STL Spares people keep requesting the Spares and I say OK, guess I'm good at it or maybe not so good at other things. :shocked:

IQpyCX4.jpg

BB81AfO.jpg

5TyIA6o.jpg

SCtXyLe.jpg

A59rgT7.jpg

What was your best temp/time for smoke flavor?

Well, I can't seem to get images to post. I've uploaded to imgur and shared publicly but they are not showing when I use img tags.

What am I doing wrong?

Have a couple butts going on as my first cook. I still need to set up my WiFi. First I just need to learn how to use the use program better to set up what I want it to do on the user 1 program. If I get the hang of that & I think I’ll be good to go!

Well, I can't seem to get images to post. I've uploaded to imgur and shared publicly but they are not showing when I use img tags.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you using the Original GIF Link? With all the options, it is easy to grab one that isn't compatible that gives you that result.

eE0agx8.jpg

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/eE0agx8.jpg?1[/IMG]

And here I was dumping the pellets out of the pot. You may have to come and repossess my Mak. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing.

At this point I am starting to wonder if you’re gonna make the MAK family probationary period... lol. Actually, it’s not a laughing matter. Sorry :(

I've a handful of cooks in now on my new MAK Two Star.

My first one was brats in beer & sauerkraut.
kUSHaPv.jpg

As you can see the brats are shrivelled. Not my goal. I thought I should start at 245* to get good smoke. However, this kept the brats at too low of a temp for too long; thus, the shrivelling. Next time, I'll start at 425* and adjust from there. I have this recipe down on my Weber kettle and I'll get there with the MAK.

The second cook was soy-sake cured hot smoked salmon.
TG6CgVH.jpg

The salmon was great. I started with the Smoke setting and turned it up to 220* as it's cold here and Smoke was sitting at 170*. Next time, I'll aim for 200* for the entire cook.

Last night was pastrami.
a1zcFKm.jpg

This, too, turned out great. We had leftovers this morning for a breakfast hash.

And today there's a pork shoulder. Here's where it's at right now.
shUSah7.jpg

I'll post more later on my overall thoughts about my MAK.

Note: Thanks for the image posting advice, Sid!

IQpyCX4.jpg

BB81AfO.jpg

5TyIA6o.jpg

SCtXyLe.jpg

A59rgT7.jpg

You my friend have officially been declared the Brethren rib whisperer!!! Man those look good :)

I've a handful of cooks in now on my new MAK Two Star.

My first one was brats in beer & sauerkraut.

kUSHaPv.jpg

As you can see the brats are shrivelled. Not my goal. I thought I should start at 245* to get good smoke. However, this kept the brats at too low of a temp for too long; thus, the shrivelling. Next time, I'll start at 425* and adjust from there. I have this recipe down on my Weber kettle and I'll get there with the MAK.

The second cook was soy-sake cured hot smoked salmon.

TG6CgVH.jpg

The salmon was great. I started with the Smoke setting and turned it up to 220* as it's cold here and Smoke was sitting at 170*. Next time, I'll aim for 200* for the entire cook.

Last night was pastrami.

a1zcFKm.jpg

This, too, turned out great. We had leftovers this morning for a breakfast hash.

And today there's a pork shoulder. Here's where it's at right now.

shUSah7.jpg

I'll post more later on my overall thoughts about my MAK.

Note: Thanks for the image posting advice, Sid!

Excellent start and fantastic looking food :)

So keep them when cleaning the pot and re-seed them afterwords?

I clean my firepot out after every cook no matter how long or short. I just prefer starting clean every time. I rarely “re-seed” the pot with fresh pellets. I used to, but it starts so quickly either way that I just stopped doing it.

I clean my firepot out after every cook no matter how long or short. I just prefer starting clean every time. I rarely “re-seed” the pot with fresh pellets. I used to, but it starts so quickly either way that I just stopped doing it.
^^^ This and I like hearing the pellets hit the empty pot. It lets me know the auger is working and that I didn't forget to clean my cooker.

Back