High Plains Easter Weekend Shenanigans - Now, with Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Buccs, if you're out there - you've got my CINCHOUSE hooked on those Thai-inspired Ribs of yours. I almost have to beg to cook other flavors!

Yesterday, I discovered a good deal on a rack of baby backs during an unexpected stop at the grocery. Bosslady agreed that I could smoke them if I cooke them in Buccs' Thai-Inspired style.

So, I mixed up shallots, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, a little sugar, and some ground Thai chillies, pulled the membrane, then marinated the ribs overnight.

After a maddening trip to the grocery and Wally-World, I fired up the smoker.

4yOnkARh.jpg

ugZt6L7h.jpg

The wait begins.

More shenanigans to follow.

The sauna is taking good care of these bones...

QyFnvgOh.jpg

Whipped up a batch of Sriracha Glaze, per Buccs' baseline instructions... with a few tweaks.

64uFdWKh.jpg

Just wrapped the ribs a la the Texas Crutch (with some apple juice), then added a couple of small splits. Working to stay hydrated, and enjoying this Thermoworks Smoke (+gateway)!

QJnEhL4h.jpg

Marc could you post up the marinade, my wife would probably like those ribs.

Kevin, here's Buccs' recipe, and I'll provide thoughts:

Dice a shallot or two finely, along with a handful of birds eye chilies, 2 garlic cloves and the internal soft section of the lemongrass and pound them in a mortar and pestle.Add palm sugar and pound some more. Scrape out into a bowl and whisk in a good glug of soy, a few TBS of fish sauce and tip the mix into a big ziploc with the rib lets and put in the fridge for a day or overnight. Smoke lownslow. Quick glaze sauce: Sriracha mixed with ketchup and your favourite BBQ sauce along with apple cider vinegar to taste. Doesn't have to be cooked, just mixed.

Marinade:
- Shallot, Thai chili, garlic, lemon grass, palm sugar, soy, fish sauce, lime juice - This is ALL "to taste." I go to MSU, then eye-ball the amounts.

Glaze:
- I skip the ketchup, but I go with a couple of BBQ sauces that I like - something a little spicy and thin + something thick and sweet. To that, I add the Sriracha and some lime juice. I like it to slowly tick over and reduce a touch until we're happy with the flavor and consistency.

I think this is all "to taste" and via "MSU," but I hope it helps.

More to follow... probably with more Pr0n and shenanigans.

Thanks for asking. Always happy to help.

Kind regards,
Shadow / Marc

Dads - what the frick is that!? Looks good, man!

Also, I just made a batch of Wicken Yanks Chip Dip. (Which kinda looks like whatever it is you've got slathered over that...)

Here're the ingredients, but I won't give units of measure.... just MSU...

Dry Ingredients:
Paprika
Ground Cumin
Ground Black Pepper
Chipotle Chile Powder
Cayenne Chile Powder
Chili Powder
Chicken Bouillon Granules
Smoked Paprika
North of The Border – Montezuma Chipotle Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Ground Hot Chilies from Pueblo, CO

Wet Ingredients:
Sour Cream
Mayonnaise
Lemon Juice
Worcestershire Sauce

Looks awesome brother. I need to work on my rib skill....and getting the wife to like ribs! Love to see the OK Joe in action, you can see my highland reverse in right edge of this pic of today's cook. Question, do you cook with mainly charcoal or wood?
20180331_163305.jpg

Question, do you cook with mainly charcoal or wood?

I use charcoal to start a reasonable coal base, then I get busy with the wood splits.

Nice butts, T!

BREAK BREAK

Just sauced these ribs after pulling them from the Texas Crutch.

vfB57ZPh.jpg

They smell GOOD....

Way to keep the boss happy Marc.

It's a dadgum full-time job, Marty.

I do what I can.

For the rest, I take the advice of a highly respected priest in Dallas/Plano who served with me as an Aerospace Physiologist.

She said: "Embrace the Power of Phuk-it."

God Bless Her. "It'll buff out."

I'm sorry... I was distracted.

Bombay Sapphire martini w/ a touch of dry vermouth, and a couple of Spanish olives.

ZgZVCsPh.jpg

Sliced up the ribs.

Fx2xo05h.jpg

Green Papaya Salad w/ peanuts, cherry tomatoes, etc. It's GOOD (and a touch spicy)!

xWEPnjWh.jpg

My Plate.

t8q8ylMh.jpg

You buggers have a wonderful weekend!

Shadow / Marc

Back