Santa Maria style grill recommendations?

Not in the same league but Rectec has the wyldside on sale for Black Friday $400 off I see

Ditto on AZBBQ.
I ordered mine, just the fire box and Argentine grates. Then modified it for a rotisserie, chile roaster and Caja China.

67MvK0.jpg

I love the chile roaster idea. I will have to keep that in mind.

I had mine built at old pioneer in buelton. Dennis did fantastic work and was great to work with the whole time. Mine is custom made to fit an existing outdoor brick fireplace. I believe technically it is a argentinean grill (V racks) but it doesn't have a brasero. If you have room in your set up to fit a brasero (back or side) I would definitely recommend that.

If you have the $ get the Grillworks. Those things are insane

Some of you know my fetish for stainless.......I'm pulling my stainless DCS 48 gasser and modifying an all stainless Santa Maria to fit the hole. I just don't use the gasser much these days and I'm never in a hurry any more. I installed the DCS in 1999.....I'll keep this updated.

I ordered one of these:

y4my0OmC6RziNuZW0YN9ZUH7xkWzJmgl3DGMuZ_ZddclM3UvlQQPoeqmYj1vFEgE-esjgdozwt7UUdaXiXk-7ei8jKbvpOAERzLwLzHXIEGOKSOE1nzm4zi8oWW9V-SR0WuAgBI2h5yyhPQazmMGpsPFQzwIUuRQ4E2drEcb2_WpmkUu08ePrOfYkUUFUmSaXKBgXKhlpklmODAyBKOSbCV2w

If you are having one made, go for an Argentine style grate.

I threw one together -18 x 32- just seemed like a "good size" to me. Used 1/2 angle steel for the grates- V shaped with a slight tilt to run the grease off into a grease catch. The open top was great for the chicken thighs-and the V grate really helped with the flare ups.

Not so much for the jalapeno poppers- could not get the bacon to "get done" on the top of the peppers. I reached over and grabbed my weber lid - plopped that over them and trapped enough heat to do the trick

Back