Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Delicata Squash w/ Bacon Cranberry Pomegranate Dressing

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For our Christmas meal I wanted to have something delicious, a bit out of the ordinary and on the healthy side. I searched the web for a Brussel Sprout recipes and came up with one from Bobby Parish which served as the inspiration for this dish. (Here’s the link to his cook: https://www.flavcity.com/thanksgiving-side-dish-bacon/)

Recipe:
2 lb. of Brussel Sprouts
2 lb. Delicata Squash (2 to 3 depending on size)
½ lb. of bacon (cut into approximate ½” pieces
¾ cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup dried Cranberries (Crasins)
¾ cup Pomegranate seeds
1.5 tbsp. of Pomegranate infused vinegar
1.5 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. maple syrup (or honey)
2 to 3 tbsp. of flat leaf parsley (Finely chopped)
EVOO (I used garlic infused)
Salt to taste (I used approximately ½ tsp for each)
Fresh ground black pepper to taste (I used approximately ½ tsp for each)

Here are the stars of the show.

The day before I trimmed and cut the Brussel Sprouts in half.

Next, I trimmed and cut the Delicata Squash in half, spooned out the seeds and cut them into approximate ¼” pieces.

The next day I put them into a large bowl with 1 tbsp. of Garlic EVOO, approx. 1/2 tsp of salt and fresh ground black pepper. I gave them a good mix and then placed them onto a foil lined sheet pan.

I placed these into an oven, preheated to 400 degrees and let them roast for 25 minutes. While they were roasting, I cooked up 1/2 lb. of bacon until it was crispy. I added the Walnuts, Cranberries and Pomegranate seeds, maple syrup and gave it a stir. After this cooked a few more minutes, I added the Pomegranate infused vinegar and the Dijon mustard, stirred that all in and let it cook one more minute.

Here’s the Brussel Sprouts after their time in the oven.

I combined everything into a large bowl with some parsley and gave it a good mix.

This was delicious and still on the healthy side, so we were extremely pleased with the results.

Thanks for looking

I tried roasted Brussels sprouts about a year ago and they were excellent. If you just turned that experience up a notch, I'm going to have to come to California after Covid is over and shake your hand! I hope to give the recipe a try soon. Thanks for posting it and incredible looking dish.

My wife loves sprouts, I tolerate them but I think we both would be all over that one. Will have to try that.

Sure looks good.
Thanks for the recipe .
Like that cutting board .
Thank you JRD
I would really like a plate of that
Thank you George
I tried roasted Brussels sprouts about a year ago and they were excellent. If you just turned that experience up a notch, I'm going to have to come to California after Covid is over and shake your hand! I hope to give the recipe a try soon. Thanks for posting it and incredible looking dish.
Thank you Ron. This was a big hit. It's a nice collection of textures and flavors that come together very well.

Back