PSA - North Texas Brisket Sale!!!!

Bacchus2b

is Blowin Smoke!
For those who live in the area, North Texas Kroger has Choice Packer Brisket on sale for only $1.77 per pound!

The last time they ran this sale I picked up a twenty pounder with a nice thick flat, let it age in my refrigerator for a couple of weeks, injected overnight with Butcher's Prime, and gave it a liberal coating of Black Op's before smoking, and it was one of my best ever!

Fun to experiment with different rubs/methods when it's only $1.77 per pound.

they ran a similar brisket sale couple weeks ago.

I noticed new kroger labeled babybacks last week, on sale. these did not say anything about being injected. I bought a couple racks and was pleasantly surprised on how they cooked up and actually tasked like pork. I'd make them my go to ribs but little uncertain, given it's a kroger brand and never really know who is packaging them today vs tomorrow.

t

My local Kroger had some of those last Saturday but they were spares not back ribs. Had them Sunday, and I will say they were some of the best ribs I have ever eaten. I will definitely buy again.

Yep! Killer Price!

9F5y29D.jpg

If the rain lets up, I plan to do one- it's been raining all week. Sunday looks like it might be decent.

Told the wife to get a smallish one. Came back with 19lbs- said that WAS the small one.

Back