Grillin' Pizza on the Kettle

Very nice. I know you said you just recently got the kettle, but I see you are already off to a great start. Keep up the good work.

I have discovered that the cast iron grill grates I bought will not be used all the time. If I want to use those charcoal baskets I bought they will work a lot better with the hinged grate that came with the kettle...

I'm gonna try that same dough recipe again tomorrow possibly using beer instead of water. I already set a beer out with the cap off to flatten it out and warm it up to room temp...

Love the video!! I've wondered about doing pizza on a grill Just curious if you gave it any thought of using a pizza stone?

Nice job! I love pizza on the kettle and I am still trying to perfect it myself!

C

Love the video!! I've wondered about doing pizza on a grill Just curious if you gave it any thought of using a pizza stone?

Yup. I plan to use a pizza stone and a cast iron pan in the future. I'm going to my local Target to get THIS tomorrow. I just did this one on the grill itself to see if I could do it. I have been discussing this project with a friend for a week or so now, and he tried it on his grill ahead of me and burned the fark out of his crust. I just had to do this one to convince myself that it wasn't too difficult to do.

I have a 12" cast iron frying pan that I plan to use for deep-dish chicago style pizzas, but I'll probably also pick up the Lodge cast iron pizza pan as well when I find one...

Yup. I plan to use a pizza stone and a cast iron pan in the future. I'm going to my local Target to get THIS tomorrow. I just did this one on the grill itself to see if I could do it. I have been discussing this project with a friend for a week or so now, and he tried it on his grill ahead of me and burned the fark out of his crust. I just had to do this one to convince myself that it wasn't too difficult to do.

I have a 12" cast iron frying pan that I plan to use for deep-dish chicago style pizzas, but I'll probably also pick up the Lodge cast iron pizza pan as well when I find one...

Sounds like a plan! I'm really looking forward to trying this myself. Especially the chicago style!

Nice video! The credits were my favorite part. Very professional.

In fact, I'm gonna try this dough recipe again this evening substituting beer for the water in the recipe and we'll be cooking it on a pizza stone...

Back