Oklahoma Joe Bronco Cooker reviews?

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? How do you like it? Pro/con? I can get one brand new with a cover and a grate to cooker shrimp, etc (not sure which accessory this is) for $279. How does it compare to say a UDS? It seems regular price is around $400 give or take but a good deal isn’t a good deal if it’s a piece of junk.

I've never cooked on a UDS, but I really enjoy the food that comes off my OKJ Bronco. It's very easy to control. Definitely not a piece of junk. That seems to be a decent price for new these days - don't know we'll ever see them hitting clearance for $100 - $150 ever again.

I have a Bronco and really like it. Temp control is easy. Food turns out great. Love the hinges lid.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I grabbed 2 on clearance 2 weeks ago for $175 each at Lowe’s. One for me and one for a buddy. Unfortunately one doesn’t line up right so I wasn’t able to finish building it and haven’t been able to address it yet. The other I’ve only cooked on once but I am very happy with it!

I grabbed 2 on clearance 2 weeks ago for $175 each at Lowe’s. One for me and one for a buddy. Unfortunately one doesn’t line up right so I wasn’t able to finish building it and haven’t been able to address it yet. The other I’ve only cooked on once but I am very happy with it!

Just a follow up. I was able to hammer the welded on bolts and get them so it lined up great without too much effort. Shouldn’t have had to but for what I paid I’m not complaining. Only had to do it on 2/6. I think the welds are still fine but if they’re weak I think the other 4 will keep it together.

There was also a chunk taken out of the corner. The temp gauge was in that corner and was missing… I talked to oklahoma Joe’s today and they are sending me one right over. Definitely recommend!

Back