Just bought a Weber Smokey Mountain (18")

slider2021

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I bought it on FB Marketplace. It is in immaculate condition, as close to brand new as one could imagine :clap2: I paid $120! He made a few mods and also included a few extras. I did my very first cook last - St Louis spare ribs. It took a while to get used to how to manage the temp, but after an hour or so, I think I figured it out.

I tried to post pictures but I got a message stating I was above my quota :sad::evil:

Congrats! The WSM is an awesome cooker and sounds like you got a great deal!

I had the same issue posting images and had to figure out another solution. I found this website which is free, that works just like the old photobucket before they got greedy and started charging. You can upload your photos and it gives you links to post them on forums etc. You don't even need to sign up if you don't want, you can just upload a photo as a one off if you want. I think signing up is better (it's free) because you can save all the photos you upload as a gallery. I've been using this site for about two years to post photos on various forms and it's super easy.

https://postimages.org/

And yes, there is a forum dedictated to the WSM and other Weber models, The virtual Weber Bulletin Board.

https://tvwbb.com/

Congrats! The 18" WSM is a great backyard smoker that creates some great BBQ.

As for posting pics, I posted here yesterday and got an error message. But then I read that the file size of jpg had to be 1.4MB or smaller so I resized my pics and was able to upload. Not sure if that was the same issue you encountered but thought I'd mention it.

My issue was "not authorized and that I exceeded my limit". In short, the owners of the site just want folks to buy some sort of subscription in order to access certain areas, make certain changes to your profile and upload pics. I only care about the latter. I use Imgur to save my pics and then simply include the URL in my post. If you see my previous post, a link is there to my WSM and the ribs.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

I had missed the link. Just clicked on it. Nice!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend as well.

If you have a FB page you can upload pics to that and link to them. Very easy, and you mark the privacy of the pics to only you. Also free.

Back