Meat supply in and around Frisco, Texas

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Have a buddy that relocated to Frisco, Texas from New York. He has gotten into smoking and grilling this summer in a big way. Cooks every weekend and some through out the week. Has a Weber gasser and a new Primo Oval that he bought in May. He is new to the area and so far hasn't been satisfied with what he has been finding as far as a good supplyier of meat in Frisco. Whole foods and Kroger. Says he is willing to make a drive to anywhere around the Greater Dallas Metroplex even as far away as Waco for a good meat supply or butcher shop.

Anybody in that area have a good source for top quality meat that you can recommend?

Thanks,

Robert

Has he tried the local HEB? The last couple of Texas Brethren bashes I've been to, I went to the local HEB and got a tri tip. Good stuff!

I was going to recommend HEB as well. If he's not happy with Kroger and Whole Foods he might need to find a butcher he likes.

I was going to recommend HEB as well. If he's not happy with Kroger and Whole Foods he might need to find a butcher he likes.

You have triggered my brain.

HEB does not deal here in North Texas. I think Waxahachie is closest they come. There is a Central Market in Plano but dang it I sure miss HEB.
Us fine folks in north Texas are just too good for HEB. šŸ˜©

Costco is good, we just recently got a membership. I like Old Town meat market also.

I forgot about Central Market! There are a few around the Metroplex and they have good meat. They are the HEB's "boutique" brand or some such thing...

There is a Market Street Grocery on Eldorado by the tollway with a good meat selection.

Take a drive down I-75 towards Dallas and hit the Costco Business Center which caters towards restaurants and is different from a standard Costco. Only downside is you have to buy in larger sizes. On my last trip I bought Choice Picanha (AKA Fat-On Sirloin Cap, AKA Coulette Steak) for about $4.00 per pound, but each cryovac pack had three whole roasts so you are buying a lot of meat!

https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations/dallas-TX-655.html

Also Hirsch's Butcher shop in Plano is not far away. Famous for their sausage selection.

https://www.hirschsmeats.com/

Thank you all for your recommendations. keep them coming. I'm going to send him a link to this thread.

Thanks,

Robert

Back