Looking for a Fire Poker

cueball21

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Does anyone else but me remember the old fashioned fire pokers that were used in coal-fired fireplaces in the last century? They were less than 2 foot long, had a wrapped wire handle (like Paul does on his smoker doors, etc. - is there a name for that sort of handle?) on one end and a 2-3" 90-degree bend on the other. IIRC you could buy them for a buck or two though the '50s and '60s.

I need one now and cannot find one. I've checked Amazon, ebay, Lehman's and a general search without results.

If anyone knows of a source or can provide me with a better search argument than 'fire poker', please let me know.

I think you are talking about a spring handle. If you can't find the exact poker you want, with that type of handle, you can probably buy the handle, and put it on whatever poker you want.

Well crap, I threw away an iron fireplace poker back in the spring that is exactly as you describe. I would have gladly gave it too you as it was gathering dust Funny how something you never use suddenly has a purpose once you've got rid of it. Sorry.

Those thinks are cool ..... now I want one ..... why ???? ...just because ....they're cool ....

Way to go Paul! You're amazing...
Bob is one of the kindest folks on the forum too. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :cool::-D

Back