Any good deals on GOOD meat thermometers?

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well... I guess my thermapop just stopped working even after changing the battery. I don't necessarily need a meat thermometer bad enough to spend the money for a thermapen.. Should I buy another Thermapop or does anyone know of a better deal on a good therm?

javelin makes an instant read that's pretty good. I bought one for a friend recently. about $25, folding design. claims to be 4 second read time

javelin makes an instant read that's pretty good. I bought one for a friend recently. about $25, folding design. claims to be 4 second read time

Yeah. 4 seconds is nothing. I'll look into this. But wonder if I'd just be better off spending the next 10 bucks and get a thermapop. hmmmm

Yeah. 4 seconds is nothing. I'll look into this. But wonder if I'd just be better off spending the next 10 bucks and get a thermapop. hmmmm

guess it's up to which design you like better. folding or pen style. the javelin does come with a handy magnet tho

Ill throw another vote for the javelin. I have 2 of them. Cheap enough to buy a couple and keep them in the kitchen, down by the grills, etc. They work just fine.

Stop in at a local restaurant supply. They usually have good ones at a decent price

I like my Javelin just fine. Similar specs as the Thermapen for 1\2 the price.

I like stuff I can monitor from a distance during a cook, so I use WiFi types.
I've got a bluetooth type, but disappointed it it's limited range.
All of mine ran in the $30 range with discounts.
One Thermo Pro (TP-Oeight), two different Inkbird's.

I use them occasionally, not religiously. But I have had them save my butt a few times.

I like stuff I can monitor from a distance during a cook, so I use WiFi types.
I've got a bluetooth type, but disappointed it it's limited range.
All of mine ran in the $30 range with discounts.
One Thermo Pro (TP-Oeight), two different Inkbird's.

I use them occasionally, not religiously. But I have had them save my butt a few times.

yeah. I'm not a fan of those only because I don't like always monitoring it while cooking things that cook for hours. I'd rather just check it close to being done with a pen.

Back