Oklahoma Joe's - Leawood, KS

DriverWild

is one Smokin' Farker
I was at the new Oklahoma Joe's location in Leawood, KS last week and have to brag a little about their food and service. The ribs were spot on, best I've had at a restaurant. The service was quick and friendly. Well done on the new location! It's great to see that expansion doesn't necessarily mean lost quality. That being said, I plan to visit the original gas station location in Kansas City, KS next time I'm in town- just because it's in a gas station.

I went the original location when in town for a wedding last year. The 45 minute wait was worth it! The food was very good and the service was very friendly. I went also to LC's on the Missouri side and also Arthur Bryant's. LC's IMO was very good, but different style that OK Joe's. Unfortunately, I thought Arthur Bryant's was just ok. I didn't like the fact that they pre-sauced the meat.

Really, I go there all the time and sadly I think the food at the new location isn't as good. You all should try the burnt ends at smokin guns or the poor Russ at jack stack!

Back