any recommendations for a small propane grill?

salilsurendran

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello,
I live in a condo with a patio and so I have no backyard. I cook steak right now in cast iron pan and an electric oven using a technique like this. It tastes ok but when I cook steak it fills the whole house with smoke. I also wanted to cook pork chops and grill chicken. I have an electric grill. I was wondering if buying a propane grill for a single person will make any difference to the taste of food vs cooking it in an electric oven? Any recommendations as to what propane grill because that is all that my community management will allow.

I have a Weber Gas anywhere that works very well for small cooks.

Weber and they have 3 sizes of portable that work great, I have had the smallest 1 for over 10 years

I see weber q grills used on Craigslist and other places for under 100 bucks often.

I was wondering if buying a propane grill for a single person will make any difference to the taste of food vs cooking it in an electric oven? Any recommendations as to what propane grill because that is all that my community management will allow.

Yes it will make a difference. Id recommend any of the Weber gas grill in your price range.

If you think you'll take it places, or you want to break it down to leave space on your balcony, get the Weber Q.
If not, it probably doesn't matter, just get the size that works best.

Don’t know how small you want to go but I keep a Q100 in my camper and love it for small cooks for my wife an I and it was perfect. Chris

If you have a patio, the Weber 210 makes excellent HH steaks and burgers. If you want to go smaller, the Weber GA is a nice coal burner. Set up properly you can smoke on the Weber 200 Spirit series propane grills.

Good Luck with your choice!

I'd echo the Weber Q series for your place. Perfect and they cook great. My father in law had one I used sometimes. Plus they are very portable and easy to bring in to storage for winter if you like.

The Weber Q series are solid portable gas grills. And you can often find them on offerup or craigslist in new condition highly discounted. I have one that I cook on weekly while I am away from home working.

Weber Q hands down is the best propane grill. Super even heat and cast iron grate. You can’t go wrong. Just a buy the size you like!

If your on that much of a budget, Charbroil works. I went through 6 cheap gassers over the years. If it's not the grates it will be burner shields etc. Works good for the first 1.5, 2 years then you spend a fortune on cheap overpriced replacement parts. I finally learned the Buy once, Cry once logic. Has saved me hundreds of $ for the last 10 years I've owned my Weber Spirit S320.

Good Luck with your decision.

If your on that much of a budget, Charbroil works. I went through 6 cheap gassers over the years. If it's not the grates it will be burner shields etc. Works good for the first 1.5, 2 years then you spend a fortune on cheap overpriced replacement parts. I finally learned the Buy once, Cry once logic. Has saved me hundreds of $ for the last 10 years I've owned my Weber Spirit S320.

Good Luck with your decision.

This!

Don’t know how small you want to go but I keep a Q100 in my camper and love it for small cooks for my wife an I and it was perfect. Chris

I do this above ,great little unit and very portable.
Runs hotter than the mid range,does awesome steaks and pizza.

My brother has this grill and likes it. However, he can torture food on a grill with the best of them. I was visiting him in May and he asked me to cook some brats for supper while he ran to the store for other items. I managed to do it without burning them up, but it was due to constant attention. When he got back I asked him why he bought such a cheap grill when he could afford a much better one. He is on temporary assignment and will only be there 3 years max. His response was it was $99.00 at Walmart. If it lasts a year fine, two years good and three years great. He doesn't plan to take it with him. He cooks the occasional brat or hot dogs and rarely he mutilates steaks.

Don't think of us snobs here. But the Brethren does like to spend your money. My recommendation is the Weber Go Anywhere gas grill. Spend about $50 on some Grill Grate for the grill and eliminate flair ups. I do not have any experience with the Weber Q, but that might be a good choice based on the other Brethren's experience.

Good luck,

Robert

Back