Putting Mak 1 Star c flame zone thru it’s paces...

I ordered the 2 Star General, hoping to get it soon! Looking forward to doing an overnight brisket. Would never trust my Camp Chef with that task. I went with the 2 Star because I knew I would regret not getting it and since I wanted the flame zone after adding it to the 1 Star I was not far off from the price of the 2 Star, not to mention I like the Stainless Steel.

I'm getting a MAK1 soon. Gotta clear two cookers out of the way first and make room. Getting rid of the kamado and Kingsford.

Great thread and help in making me decide between Yoder and MAK. Again, thanks guys!

Hmm interesting thread indeed. How many briskets can fit on a mak? They seem kind of small
Both the 1 and 2 star have the same grate size (19.5" x 22"), MAK sells different size upper grates, the full upper grate is also 19.5" x 22" and since they have roll tops you plenty of space on the upper grate.

These are pic's of an older 2 Star but the grate size is the same as listed above.

MAK-4-Brisket.jpg

P1000333.JPG

I'm getting a MAK1 soon. Gotta clear two cookers out of the way first and make room. Getting rid of the kamado and Kingsford.

Great thread and help in making me decide between Yoder and MAK. Again, thanks guys!
If you order check out Big Poppa Smokers. I am sure you know already but they have some deals for a few bucks more you can get pellets a cover and some rubs. I paid $99 more and got 40#’s of BBQuers delight pellets (Hickory) a MAK grill cover and some rubs. The cover alone is $100 so not a bad deal. I also think those pellets are $30 or so bucks a bag. Looking forward to you getting the grill to see some of your cooks. You have me drooling in the PBC thread LOL. Cannot wait to see what you whip up. Be sure to get the flame zone.

Hoping my grill is coming soon. BPS sent me my pellets and rubs today. I am ready for the real prize to show up.

Only fitting I contribute to your pellet cooker acquisition after all the posts by you & oldbill convinced me back when to relieve thoey1963 of his beautiful LSG VO... now affectionately referred to at my place as ‘the beast’. The mak is ‘felicity the tank engine’...

Cooker clearance at ssv3’s house!!!!

Joining the MAK club with a 2 Star General order placed yesterday. Pretty dang pumped!

Really looking forward to seeing you guys join the MAK family! Congrats [emoji4]

Back