Dry Rubbed Rosemary Stuffed Turkey Breast on the UDS

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of turkey. I do like it, but don't go out of my way to cook it either. In fact, I've never grilled or smoked it till last week when the missus made good on a recent threat and brought home a rolled up breast she picked up at Whole Foods.

After pondering how I might season it, I decided to stuff the breast with some fresh rosemary, as well as some dry rub, then a generous coating of rub on the outside:

IMG_4000.jpg

I fired up the drum for hot and fast, and here it was after about 30 mins:

IMG_4001.jpg

I pulled the roast after it reached an internal temp of 150 degrees and let it rest for 15 mins:

IMG_4002.jpg

We served it with asparagus and The Missus' World Famous Cheesy Potatoes:

IMG_4004.jpg

The turkey was amazing - beautifully moist and tender. I'll be doing this again!

Looking great Moose!
Those taters are calling me!
I still have to do turkey in the Phuture.

If it tasted as good as it looks, you are in heaven...
Looks GREAT.

OOOOoooohhh! Man that looks good.

I'm like you in that for so many years I was not a big fan of turkey until I cooked a couple of breasts and a couple of whole turkeys on my UDS. Now I'm going to have turkey several times a year not just on Thanksgiving.

Looks great Moose. I'm not a fan of turkey either, but I have had turkey I've really liked, so maybe that's the recipe for me.

Nice. I made almost the same thing last week- deboned a chicken the stuffed it with Rosemary, asparagus and red taters. It's one of my new favorites!

That looks great to me. I haven't tried a turkey on the UDS yet. Looks like you nailed it :thumb:

Oh man that looks good....MMMMMMMMMMMM.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Nicely Done Moose :-D

Looks awesome Moose! Try a whole bird sometime, I've only done two but after smoking one you'll never go back to anything else. Look up Pattio Daddio's recipe for brine instructions, cook times, temps etc. Can't go wrong.

Back