Got some Dino Bones on the XL...(pron)

hav

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got the XL set-up for indirect with Lump & Cherry, plugged in the iQue and let her come up to tempature.

2011-10-06_12-01-30_877.jpg

Rubbed up the Beef Ribs with Santa Maria Style Rub, made by the Rub Co. and purchased from Simply Marvelous, purveyor of fine rubs. :clap2:

2011-10-06_13-17-47_867.jpg

2011-10-06_13-18-02_902.jpg

Will update later today with the finished pron…

As promised! Smoked for 2 hours, foiled for 2 hours and then unwrapped for 1 hour.

2011-10-06_18-55-39_864.jpg

2011-10-06_19-00-48_444.jpg

WOW!!! i've never seen a beef rib clean to the bone!

i'll need to find out what i've been missing!

thanks for sharing.

• Thanks
Reactions: hav
Where do you get your dino ribs from? What do I need to say when I ask my butcher for some bones? I have asked several around here and they kind of look at me like Im crazy. I tell them I want some beef ribs, the big ones that have alot of meat. Are they a particula cut or something I need to be more specific about? I tell them dino ribs, all I can get them to get or have gotten are short beef ribs, I WANT THE DINO BONES!!! BTW, yours look farkin AWESOME!!!!!!!!

fantastic! cute pic at the end

@SLCMACK : what I did do is buy a whole roast they they are on sale or a few smaller ones and then cut the ribs off. you can cut them with as meat as you want on the ribs. then cut the rest of the roast up as steaks or leave it as a roast.

• Thanks
Reactions: hav
Nothing fancy here (no butcher) this was found at BJ's wholesale club, cryovac'ed with four separate racks. I vacu-sucked and froze 2 for a later date and threw these on...they where meaty.

looks farkin' awesome! Save me some when I go up north.

Back