Chuck L'Orange

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
No, this is not a misprint. It's my Chuckie cook for the TD!
We start with chuck (this was the cross rib roast - not my normal cut, but what the hey?)...
IMG_3171.JPG

Season one with SPOG, and the other with a Garlic Rub I got in Gilroy....
IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3173.JPG

You know the SOP for chucks: Bell peppers and onions, ready for slicing, and some beef stock, but..
IMG_3175.JPG

I am using Pibil marinade for one of these chucks. Pibil Marinade is not complete with Sour Oranges.
When you mix it, you get nuclear orange!
IMG_3176.JPG

But it needs some heat, so I stir in some Apricot Chipotle sauce.
IMG_3177.JPG

Into the UDS they go....zzzzzzz.....
...and chucks are out of the UDS, ready for liquids. You can see how bright it is!
IMG_3179.JPG

A few hours later, and BAM! Day-Glo Chuckie!
IMG_3182.JPG

I put some of it in a bowl so you see the orange.
IMG_3183.JPG

Any way, I plated it on a bed of saffron rice, and topped it with a Lemon Basil leaf.
IMG_3198.JPG

Last edited:
Well there's a twist - did you like it? If you need a taster just holler. :hungry:

I'm betting that orange flavor with a bit of a kick mixed with that beef real nice! Great idea!

Well there's a twist - did you like it? If you need a taster just holler. :hungry:

I'm betting that orange flavor with a bit of a kick mixed with that beef real nice! Great idea!

Looks great John, how'd it taste?

It tasted great! Smoky, with a spicy citrus bite.

Sadly, the 2 legged-vacuum got to it when my back was turned last night after the snap. I asked him why he didn't eat the regular chuckie. His response was that the orange one looked cooler...

Back