The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

if you leave it wrapped in the cooler , it is going to continue to cook . i'd leave it wrapped in foil on the counter to cool down .
Thanks for the post, I seen this and ran and did just that. I just naturally put it in the cooler for an hour or so. It winded up perfect IMO. The wife loved it. Actually it was one of the best Butts I have done to date for some reason. Not allot of fat, it was cooked pretty good. Little mushy, but I was just pulling it anyway. Everybody liked it. Going to freeze allot of it for baked beans next cook. One thing I have learned is not to open the lid. I opened it probably 3 times on a 11 hour cook. 2 spritzes and a wrap.

d419af33f1ee963d6d1a7c53afd13b67.jpg

Time for a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Beauty bark! And so very plump. I'll bet it jiggles like...well, you know.

Oh it jiggles.......
No wrap, only salt and pepper. We’ll see what it tastes like around 530PM.

Nice looking brisket. I bet it will be right tasty

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow. Very nice brisket! Looks like you painted that smoke ring on there!

Memphis Elite

Ok... can’t believe I’m gonna say this but I’m a pooper believer!

Got about 12” of snow and still coming down so decided on ribs. After 5 hours at 250 they still weren’t done so i pulled them and wrapped in foil for30 minutes. Longest I’ve ever cooked BB’s I believe

c352356ede57f0d17e41aca86cb83cef.jpg

e23cca7eec8396a9a981c970d8fddc43.jpg

dd502c2872eb726e5c3ad86e6a79da8f.jpg

2fcaaa82796ef59f4eb43f8262d10856.jpg

Memphis Elite

Got about 12” of snow and still coming down so decided on ribs. After 5 hours at 250 they still weren’t done so i pulled them and wrapped in foil for30 minutes. Longest I’ve ever cooked BB’s I believe

c352356ede57f0d17e41aca86cb83cef.jpg

e23cca7eec8396a9a981c970d8fddc43.jpg

dd502c2872eb726e5c3ad86e6a79da8f.jpg

2fcaaa82796ef59f4eb43f8262d10856.jpg

Memphis Elite

Nice cook! Love the pics!!! But I thought Memphis’ held a tighter temp, even in extreme weather, than that? If I zoom in I see it’s set at 250° but only holding at 249°. [emoji849]

Beautiful brisket and ribs y’all!!!

I’ll say this about PG no more than I’ve messed with mine. A PG really benefits from a blanket especially in weather like that. A moving blanket from harbor freight would have helped in your heat containment and timing.

Beautiful brisket and ribs y’all!!!

I’ll say this about PG no more than I’ve messed with mine. A PG really benefits from a blanket especially in weather like that. A moving blanket from harbor freight would have helped in your heat containment and timing.

This is an insulated Memphis. A blanket would be a disgrace... lol.

Nice cook! Love the pics!!! But I thought Memphis’ held a tighter temp, even in extreme weather, than that? If I zoom in I see it’s set at 250° but only holding at 249°. [emoji849]

Lol. Yeah, it varies a bit:). It did take a bit longer than normal to get up to temp and to cook in those conditions. Likely my soonest ribs I’ve made on a pellet grill...likely because of the burn rate due to conditions??

Memphis Elite

Insulated or not, in those conditions a blanket would have helped...

Back