Maverick ET 732 probes

732's

I have two of them and keep them in an Ammo box for protection of any kind.The box makes a good place to keep extra Batteries and an eyeglass repair kit to remove the screws on the sending unit , my Thermopen and any thin g else needed.

I calibrate every time I Smoke , and carefully roll the leads as to not break the wire. I also take the batteries out if I see a long break in Smoking , to save the battery leaks that destroy circuits .

These 'buggers' cost too much for me to chance ruining them. Even cooking , I will place the unit and wire in a plastic container to keep rain off.

I'm a bit 'anal' about my equip. , but it took me a long time to convince the 'Boss' so I keep it nice :mmph:

Have fun , Stan...........

My 2 Mav 732 have worked for almost 1 year w/o any problem. Once, it happened one probe went wet and stopped working. I just slow heated it for some hours and it worked again. I have the 6" probes.

I have some food grade silicone good till 400f am now going to put a coat on the connection as some of you mentioned.
I have never cleaned the braided probe wire, just wiped it down, can I submerge the cable just making sure not to submerge where it connects to the probe ???? Ive always been scared to get water in the wire.

I wouldn't. Just wipe them off.

Back