THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

732's

I have two of them and keep them in an Ammo box for protection of any kind.The box makes a good place to keep extra Batteries and an eyeglass repair kit to remove the screws on the sending unit , my Thermopen and any thin g else needed.

I calibrate every time I Smoke , and carefully roll the leads as to not break the wire. I also take the batteries out if I see a long break in Smoking , to save the battery leaks that destroy circuits .

These 'buggers' cost too much for me to chance ruining them. Even cooking , I will place the unit and wire in a plastic container to keep rain off.

I'm a bit 'anal' about my equip. , but it took me a long time to convince the 'Boss' so I keep it nice :mmph:

Have fun , Stan...........

My 2 Mav 732 have worked for almost 1 year w/o any problem. Once, it happened one probe went wet and stopped working. I just slow heated it for some hours and it worked again. I have the 6" probes.

I have some food grade silicone good till 400f am now going to put a coat on the connection as some of you mentioned.
I have never cleaned the braided probe wire, just wiped it down, can I submerge the cable just making sure not to submerge where it connects to the probe ???? Ive always been scared to get water in the wire.

I wouldn't. Just wipe them off.

Back