$1 Steaks - Dollar Tree

I figured they were those "Steaks" made of scraps glued together to form something that resembles a steak in shape, but is more like a hamburger in texture... the videos make it look more akin to leather that's been over processed

Last edited:
I am curious. Watching the videos they are very thin cuts of meat. I may have to try these as jerky in the Big Chief. They couldn't be too bad soaked in soy sauce.

They could have sourced them cheap.:p

trump-steaks-master.jpg

I am curious. Watching the videos they are very thin cuts of meat. I may have to try these as jerky in the Big Chief. They couldn't be too bad soaked in soy sauce.

I'd check to see what they've already been soaked in/injected with. I'm guessing those are "enhanced" products.

I was honestly expecting Steak ums :crazy:

Last edited:
My concerns are the words "Mechanically Tenderized" and "Bromelain"

Bromelain is an enzyme found in fresh pineapple that can dissolve meat. How tough was the meat if they need both methods of tenderizing? Maybe shoe leather?

I'd check to see what they've already been soaked in/injected with. I'm guessing those are "enhanced" products.

That's Larry. He's a brethren.:mrgreen: I'm serious.

TheWolfePit

I have had them. They are worse than you think. The ones i tried had the consistency of a snot rocket. I knew it was going to be horrible but curiosity got the best of me. Please learn from my mistake and dont do it. Its not worth the risk. Think of your family people.

Why pay $4+ a pound for mechanically tenderized, brined meat? There are better cuts out there for jerky. Round, brisket, I have even seen real ribeye for not much higher.

My concerns are the words "Mechanically Tenderized" and "Bromelain"

Bromelain is an enzyme found in fresh pineapple that can dissolve meat. How tough was the meat if they need both methods of tenderizing? Maybe shoe leather?

If it makes you feel any better, Costco mechanically tenderizes all their cut steaks too.

Back