Dedicated BBQ deck build

The build is looking great, but I wonder if you are a retired orchestra teacher are you humming or singing Elmer Fudd's Kill The Wabbit while you are building deck?:)

I'm way past the Ride of the Valkyries. That was two or three nights ago. I'm almost to the finale to Götterdämmerung! and singing all the parts myself, including Brunhilde's!

And I'm conducting as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59o70HP9HI

Holding back my project last week was the opportunity to go turkey hunting in northern Idaho near the Clearwater in some of the best country for game I've ever experienced. What a trip! This is the wrong forum to go into it, but suffice it to say that any turkey hunt that includes a timber wolf walking by and not knowing you're there is a great week in the woods. Stand by for more on the BBQ deck build ASAP.

Put the build on HOLD!!!!

Let’s hear the story about the wolf walking by!!!

Let’s hear the story about the wolf walking by!!!

It won't seem that exciting when I tell it, but I think it would have been plenty exciting if you'd been there with me.

It was just before dawn, and I was sitting in full camo between two wild rose bushes in a beautiful north Idaho high country meadow, calling for a tom to come down from his roost in a nearby stand of lodgepole pines.

As I made interested hen sounds and my tom made interested gobbler sounds in return, a small group of whitetails ambled into the meadow, mainly indifferent to the amorous goings on between a real alpha turkey and what he thought was a very available hen.

Suddenly the deer exploded in all directions, disappeared, and the noisy sounds of the early morning forest went utterly silent.

Loping into the clearing, larger and closer than I could believe, a Canadian timber wolf made his way across the deer trail, stopped, surveyed the world he clearly owned and knew he owned, looked intently at a strange new rock he didn't recognize, shook his fur like your dog after a bath, and vanished into the shadows under the pines.

Seconds went by, then half a minute, then the strange new rock let out a big breath it had been holding, reinflated, and made a not so rock-like noise that sounded exactly like a man saying, "Wow! Just . . . wow!"

Awesome story. Exhilarating I’m sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now THAT had to be an awesome sight to witness!!!

Thanks for telling yer story!

What did you have in your hands, one of sharp stick thingies or a manly lead projectile powered by explosive powder?
Onw would make you feel safer than the other.
Ed

What did you have in your hands?

Beretta 1201F loaded with HEVI-shot on my lap, Buck Vanguard on my belt, Leatherman Wave in my coat pocket, sharp pencil in my other coat pocket, pad of note paper in my vest pocket in case all else failed and it was time to give the wolf a paper cut.

I went to pick up a deer head at the taxidermist's house a few years back, and he had a full body mount of a Canadian Timber Wolf that attacked him while he was up there hunting. I was shocked at the size of that thing. Makes our Gray wolves look like Weiner dogs/.

OK, enough about wolf encounters and other manly pursuits. It's time to get back to mild-mannered domestic chores like building the BBQ Command Center!

Today I committed to my positioning and leveling and bolted the support columns to the frame. Now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the whole thing doesn't sag in a couple of years.

Back