Ribeye - A Different Way For Me

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
I picked up 3 slab ribeyes from Costco today. They're almost 2" thick.

I grilled one this afternoon and decided to change things up:

It's rubbed with Malcolm's Gyro Hero Greek Jalapeno rub (first time using this rub).

Cooked indirect on the BGE with a cherry chunk for smoke at 275 to a 115 IT.

Pulled, rested tented, while I stoked the coals to hot.

Seared and ready to rock.

shLrmbIh.jpg

EpOjsqzh.jpg

mMEhmK5h.jpg

A little more rare than I was aiming for, but it tasted great! :-D

Looks great! Been craving a nice ribeye. Almost bought some at our local Costco but the packaging said mechanically tenderized must cook to 145* so I skipped them.

Looks great! ? For ya! Did the the jalapeño flavor of the rub change from bottle to the end result? I’ve bought many jalapeño rubs that just Peter out after cooking but taste great from the bottle.

George, all I have is the plate setter. I don't like handling it when it's hot, even with welding gloves. I just banked the coals to one side for this cook.

Did the the jalapeño flavor of the rub change from bottle to the end result? I’ve bought many jalapeño rubs that just Peter out after cooking but taste great from the bottle.

This is the first time I tried this rub. The jalapeno is very subtle. It did give the steak a Mediterranean twist in flavor.

I picked up 3 slab ribeyes from Costco today. They're almost 2" thick.

I grilled one this afternoon and decided to change things up:

It's rubbed with Malcolm's Gyro Hero Greek Jalapeno rub (first time using this rub).

Cooked indirect on the BGE with a cherry chunk for smoke at 275 to a 115 IT.

Pulled, rested tented, while I stoked the coals to hot.

Seared and ready to rock.

A little more rare than I was aiming for, but it tasted great! :-D

I'll bet you were patting your foot on the floor while eating that!!! I have been too busy to fire up the kamado for a while. You are making me want to fix that. Good one John!

Back